Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Are you ready for some football?? I can’t believe that Summer is almost over and Fall is just around the corner, but with school getting back in session, college football games starting this week and NFL regular season right around the corner, it seems the time is here. I’ll miss Summer a bit but I’m pretty anxious to get into Fall recipes! Pumpkin, cinnamon, apples, Thanksgiving sides, warm comforting casseroles and of course, game day finger foods perfect for your football spread!
Now, clearly you don’t have to be a football fan to enjoy an appetizer classic like this rich, cheesy Spinach & Artichoke Dip. In fact, this recipe is slightly modified from one my Sister-in-Law makes for all occasions. While I was on vacation with my family this month I devoured so much of it that when our actual dinner was ready I think I just moaned because I’d already eaten my fill. This dip is that good, and you won’t miss a thing using the lighter ingredients! I recommend serving this with veggies and Baked Tostitos for dipping. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
If you’re looking for other tasty football-friendly recipes to complete your game day spread, check out: Pizza Logs, Buffalo Chicken Bites, Hot & Cheesy Bean Dip, Chicken Tortilla Soup, French Dip “Cupcakes”, Pizza Cups, Buffalo Chicken Chili, Cheeseburger Pizza, Buffalo Wing Hummus, Sausage-Stuffed Balsamic Mushrooms, Bacon, Cheddar & Beer Risotto, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, Pepperoni Pizza Mini Puffs, Taco “Cupcakes”, Slow Cooker BBQ Beef, Southwest Egg Rolls, Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps and more!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 16 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cups shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese, separated
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, separated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, squeezed and patted dry
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, packed in water or brine, not oil, drained and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and yogurt and stir until well combined. Stir in 1 cup of the Mozzarella, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, the minced garlic, spinach, artichokes, pepper and red pepper flakes and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8x8 (or 2 qt) casserole dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup Mozzarella and tablespoon of Parmesan over the top. Bake for about 30 minutes until th edges are golden and the dip is heated through and bubbly. Serve warm.
3 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)