Deep Dish Taco Casserole
This Deep Dish Taco Casserole is filling, flavorful, and a fun twist on taco night!
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey breast
- ¾ cup frozen corn kernels
- ¾ cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chilies
- 1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons taco sauce, I used Ortega medium heat, but feel free to use mild or hot
- 1 (11 oz) can refrigerated pizza crust dough, I used Pillsbury Thin Crust
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded (I used Cabot)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes, I used cherry tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Mist a large skillet or saute pan with cooking spray and bring to medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey to the skillet and cook, breaking up into small bite-sized chunks with a spoon or spatula, until turkey is cooked through. Add the corn, black beans, diced chilies and taco seasoning and stir together. Add the tomato sauce and taco sauce and stir until combined. Continue to cook over med-high heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, to thicken.
While the sauce is thickening, unroll the pizza dough and lay it in the prepared baking dish. Push the dough down across the dish and up the sides so that it covers the bottom and sides of the dish. Pour the meat mixture from the pan into the center of the pizza dough and spread evenly across the bottom. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until the crust is golden and the contents are bubbling. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle the shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes evenly across the top of the casserole and slice into 6 even pieces before serving.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/6th of the recipe) serving:(SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 9 SmartPoints/ Blue: 7 SmartPoints/ Purple: 7 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
9 per (1/6th) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per (1/6th) serving:
362 calories, 47 g carbs, 8 g sugars, 6 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 31 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)