Beef Enchilada Pasta Skillet
This one-pan Beef Enchilada Pasta Skillet is so easy and full of flavor – perfect for a weeknight dinner!
- 1 ½ lbs 95% uncooked lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 oz canned diced green chilies, this is the amount I like, but if you love chilies feel to add more!
- 2 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce, (I used Old El Paso medium heat)
- 8 oz uncooked pasta, I used Barilla Campanelle (use whole wheat pasta if following the WW Purple plan)
- ¾ cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup fat free sour cream
- 3 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (such as Cabot or Trader Joe’s Keltic Cheddar)
- Optional: I sprinkled a bit of chopped cilantro over the top
Place the ground beef in a large saute pan or walled skillet and bring over medium heat. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until the beef is browned and in smaller pieces. Sprinkle the beef with the chili powder and cumin and stir. Add the onions and chilies and stir together. Cook for another 3 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
Add the chicken broth, enchilada sauce and pasta to the skillet and stir together. Flatten so that most of the ingredients are covered by the liquid. Turn up the heat to bring the mixture to a boil. Once the sauce is bubbling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Simmer covered for 10-12 minutes. Remove the lid, add the corn, stir and re-cover. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Remove the lid and stir the ingredients. Pasta should be cooked and most of the liquid absorbed with only a sauce remaining. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and 1/3 of the shredded cheddar until well combined. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top of the pasta and cover with the lid. Let the skillet sit covered for 2 minutes until the cheese on top has melted and then serve.
To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Nutrition Information per (1 ½ cup) serving:
378 calories, 40 g carbs, 6 g sugars, 9 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 35 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
MyWW SmartPoints per (1 ½ cup) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 9 SmartPoints/ Blue: 9 SmartPoints/ Purple: 5 SmartPoints (if using wheat pasta, if not then use Blue points)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
10 per (1 ½ cup) serving (PP calculated using a WW PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Adapted from Betty Crocker