Bubble Up BBQ Chicken and Beans Bake
This recipe turns the flavors of a backyard barbecue into a casserole with chicken, bacon, cheese, beans, barbecue sauce, and fluffy biscuits!
- 4 slices center cut bacon
- 12 oz cooked shredded or chopped skinless chicken breast
- 15.5 oz can of navy beans or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, I use Stubbs Original and highly recommend it
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 (7.5 oz) can of refrigerated biscuit dough, biscuits cut into quarters , (I used Wegmans brand, but Pillsbury also makes them – if you can only find Grands, weigh out 7.5 ounces and cut them into small bite-sized pieces)
- 4 oz 1 cup 50% reduced fat shredded Cheddar cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Cook the bacon according to package directions until crisp and set on paper towels to dry. Chop into smaller pieces.
Place the chicken, beans, barbecue sauce, tomato sauce and chopped bacon in the baking dish and stir together until combined. Add the biscuit pieces and stir in to coat. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes until the casserole is hot and the biscuits have bubbled up. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.
To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
375 calories, 45 g carbs, 11 g sugar, 7 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 33 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/6th of the recipe) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 9 SmartPoints/ Blue: 6 SmartPoints/ Purple: 6 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers PointsPlus:
9 per serving (PP calculated using a PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)