Chicken Tamale Bake
This easy Chicken Tamale Bake is spicy, savory, a little sweet, and oh, so delicious!
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I use Cabot)
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (14.75 oz) can of cream-style corn
- 1 (8.5 oz) box of corn muffin mix
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 10 oz cooked (chopped or shredded) boneless skinless chicken breast
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly mist a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together 1 ounce of the cheese, the milk, egg, cumin, pepper, corn, muffin mix and green chiles in a bowl until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes until the layer is set (an inserted toothpick should come out clean).
Using a fork, liberally poke holes all over the surface of the corn cake layer. Pour the enchilada sauce over the top and spread across the surface of the corn cake. Sprinkle the chicken evenly across the top and follow with the remaining ¾ cup shredded cheese. Return the dish to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into 8 servings.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/8th of the recipe) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 9 SmartPoints/ Blue: 8 SmartPoints/ Purple: 8 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
7 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
270 calories, 32 g carbs, 9 g sugars, 8 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 19 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
very slightly adapted from Cooking Light