Bubble Up Chicken Alfredo Bake
This creamy casserole is simple and easy to make, perfect for a weeknight dinner!
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 12 oz cooked shredded or chopped chicken breast
- 15 oz jar light alfredo sauce, I use Classico Light Alfredo
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth or water
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7.5 oz) can of refrigerated biscuit dough, biscuits cut into quarters (I used Wegmans brand, but Pillsbury also makes them – if you can only find Grands, weigh out 7.5 ounces and cut them into small bite-sized pieces)
- 4 oz 2% shredded Mozzarella cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
*Place the broccoli florets in a microwave-safe bowl and cover the bowl with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 2 minutes on high. (*You can otherwise steam the broccoli florets if preferred)
Place the chicken, broccoli, alfredo sauce, broth, Italian seasoning and pepper in the baking dish and stir together until combined. Add the biscuit pieces and stir in to coat. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese over the top. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes until the casserole is hot and the biscuits have bubbled up. Slice into 6 pieces and serve!
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/6th of the recipe) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 8 SmartPoints/ Blue: 6 SmartPoints/ Purple: 6 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers PointsPlus:
8 per serving (PP calculated using a PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
286 calories, 26 g carbs, 4 g sugar, 9 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 27 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)