Avocado BLT Pasta Salad
This Avocado BLT Pasta Salad is the perfect crowd-pleaser to bring to any summer picnic or barbecue!
- 8 oz uncooked pasta, I used cavatappi (use whole wheat pasta if following the WW Purple plan)
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- 6 oz of avocado, mashed (for me 6 ounces was the weight of one avocado after removing the skin and pit)
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup low fat mayonnaise, I used Hellmann’s
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes, I sliced mine into quarters
- 2 cups shredded or thinly sliced romaine or green leaf lettuce
Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain. Rinse the pasta in a colander under cold water until the pasta is cooled and drain. Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl.
Cook the bacon according to package directions and drain and cool on paper towels. Slice or crumble the bacon into small pieces.
In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed avocado and the lemon juice and stir until thoroughly combined. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and garlic powder and stir until well combined and creamy. Add this avocado dressing to the pasta in your large mixing bowl and then stir until the pasta is coated.
Add the crumbled bacon, chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce to the coated pasta and toss to combine. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1 cup) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 5 SmartPoints/ Blue: 5 SmartPoints/ Purple: 2 SmartPoints (if using wheat pasta, if not then use the Blue points)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per (1 cup) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per (1 cup) serving:
175 calories, 25 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 6 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)