Antipasto Chicken Roulades
This chicken is stuffed with tasty ingredients found in an Italian antipasto spread like cured meats, cheese, olives, and pepperoncini!
- 2 (6 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 oz hard salami, for me this was four slices from Wegmans
- ½ oz prosciutto, for me this was one slice from Wegmans
- 6 turkey pepperoni
- 6 medium pimento-stuffed green olives, diced small
- 1 pepperoncini, diced small (from a jar)
- ½ oz 2 tablespoons shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- *You will also need a few toothpicks to seal the stuffed breasts
Pre-heat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a meat mallet, pound the breasts to a ¼ inch thickness. Divide the salami, prosciutto and pepperoni between the two breasts and layer them across the surface. Mix together the diced olives and pepperoncini and sprinkle over top the surface of the meats, Finish by sprinkling the shredded Mozzarella over the top. Starting with a short side, roll each breast up and seal the edges shut using a few toothpicks.
Place the rolled and sealed breasts in a Ziploc bag and add the flour. Lightly flip the bag around until chicken is coated. Place the beaten egg white in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Remove each rolled breast from the flour bag and dip it in the egg white, turning to coat. Then move the coated breast to the breadcrumb dish and coat it with crumbs on all sides. Place the completed rolls seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly mist the tops of the breaded breasts with olive oil cooking spray.
Bake for 30-35 minutes. Don’t forget to remove the toothpicks before serving!
MyWW SmartPoints per serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 8 SmartPoints/ Blue: 5 SmartPoints/ Purple: 5 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
9 per serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
371 calories, 12 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 11 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 50 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)