Bubble Up Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
This easy Bubble Up Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is pure comfort food with chicken, biscuits, and vegetables in a creamy sauce!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced carrots, I used my food chopper to dice
- 12 oz cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, can be frozen or thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups jarred chicken gravy, I used Heinz Classic Chicken Gravy
- 1 (7.5 oz) can of refrigerated biscuit dough, biscuits cut into quarters (I used Wegmans brand, but Pillsbury also makes them – if you can only find Grands, weigh out 7.5 ounces and cut them into small bite-sized pieces)
- 4 oz 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, (I used Cabot Seriously Sharp)
Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Bring the oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add the diced carrots and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until carrots are somewhat softened
Place the carrots, chicken, peas, thyme and black pepper in the baking dish and stir together until combined. Pour the gravy over the top and mix together until the ingredients are coated with gravy. Add the biscuit pieces and stir in to coat. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the Cheddar over the top. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes until hot and bubbly.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/6th of the recipe) serving:(SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 9 SmartPoints/ Blue: 7 SmartPoints/ Purple: 7 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
8 per (1/6th of the recipe) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information per (1/6th of the recipe) serving:
318 calories, 26 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 12 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 26 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)