Bubble Up Pizza Casserole
All your favorite pizza flavors baked together in a hearty casserole that comes together quickly for a perfect weeknight meal!
- 1 lb uncooked hot Italian poultry sausage, casings removed if present (can be turkey or chicken sausage)
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 oz turkey pepperoni slices, cut into quarters
- 1.5 oz sliced black olives
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (7.5 oz) can of refrigerated biscuit dough, biscuits cut into quarters (I used Wegmans brand, but Pillsbury also makes them – if you can only find Grands, weigh out 7.5 ounces and cut them into small bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Bring a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat and add the sausage. Cook sausage, breaking up with a spoon or spatula for a couple minutes and then add the mushrooms. Cook both for an additional 6-8 minutes until the sausage is cooked through in pieces and the mushrooms are softened.
Stir in the tomato sauce, pizza sauce, pepperoni, olives, seasoning, pepper flakes and biscuit dough pieces until well combined. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the Mozzarella over the top. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes until hot and bubbly.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/6th of the recipe) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 9 SmartPoints/ Blue: 9 SmartPoints/ Purple: 9 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
8 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
319 calories, 28 g carbs, 8 g sugars, 13 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 24 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)