Doritos Taco Salad
This flavorful potluck salad features taco seasoned ground beef with crunchy Nacho Cheese Doritos and sweet, tangy Catalina dressing!
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 medium-large head of iceberg lettuce, chopped into bite sized pieces (if you’ve never chopped up a head of iceberg before you can follow these directions)
- 1 medium-large tomato, diced
- 4 oz 50% less fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (such as Cabot)
- 4 oz nacho cheese Doritos, broken up a bit into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup light Catalina or French dressing, I used Kraft Lite Catalina
Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it up into pieces with a wooden spoon. Add the packet of taco seasoning and stir until well coated. Set aside.
In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and ground beef. When ready to serve, add the Doritos and dressing and toss to coat.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1 cup) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 4 SmartPoints/ Blue: 4 SmartPoints/ Purple: 4 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
4 per (1 cup) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information (per 1 cup serving):
150 calories, 14 g carbs, 6 g sugars, 6 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 10 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
Adapted from Women Living Well