Hot Turkey Sandwich with Gravy
This open-faced Hot Turkey Sandwich with Gravy is a quick and easy diner-inspired comfort food meal!
- 3 tablespoons light butter, (I use LandO’Lakes light butter with canola oil in the tub)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Chicken or Turkey base
- ½ teaspoon Gravy Master seasoning & browning sauce, or Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 lb sliced deli turkey breast, (I used Wegmans deli 98% fat free turkey breast)
- 4 slices soft wheat bread, (I used Wegmans Soft 100% Whole Wheat Bread)
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When the butter is melted, whisk in the flour a little at a time. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the broth a little bit at a time, whisking it into the flour mixture until smooth and well combined. Add the bouillon paste and Gravy Master. Whisk regularly until the gravy comes to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
While the gravy is thickening, separate the deli turkey slices onto a plate and microwave them on high for 30-60 seconds until warm.
To build each sandwich, place a slice of bread on a plate and top with 4 ounces of warm sliced turkey. Pour 1/3 cup of warm gravy over the top and serve.
MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER (sandwich + 1/3 cup gravy) SERVING: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 5 SmartPoints/ Blue: 4 SmartPoints/ Purple: 4 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
6 per (sandwich + 1/3 cup of gravy) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below
Nutrition Information per (sandwich + 1/3 cup of gravy) serving:
240 calories, 19 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 7 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 29 g protein, 2 g fiber, 485 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)