Make-Ahead Berry Yogurt Parfaits
These Make-Ahead Berry Yogurt Parfaits are perfect for breakfast, meal prep or a snack!
- 2 teaspoons light butter, (I use Land O’Lakes light butter spread with canola oil)
- 2 cups fresh berries - pick your favorite or use a mix!, (If using strawberries, I cut off the green parts and then cut about half of the berries into quarters and keep the other half whole)
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 4 ½ cups plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Optional Toppings (not included in nutrition information or WW points): granola, chopped nuts, seeds, mini chocolate chips, additional fresh fruit, shredded coconut, etc.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the berries and stir to coat with the butter. Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small dish, combine the cornstarch and hot water and stir together until thoroughly combined. Pour the sugar and cornstarch slurry over the berries and stir to combine. Once the mixture is bubbling (should happen almost immediately), cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook for another 2-4 minutes until the mixture thickens.
Once the berry sauce is cooked, transfer it to a container you can refrigerate and let it cool on the counter for a bit before transferring it to the refrigerator. Refrigerate until cooled (about an hour).
To build each parfait, measure out ¾ cup of yogurt and place about half of it in the bottom of a 7-8 oz sealable mason jar or yogurt cup (the ones I use are linked in the post above). Spoon about 2 ½ tablespoons of berry sauce on top of the yogurt and then top with the remaining yogurt. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to build six parfaits. Place the air-tight lid on to seal and refrigerate until ready to use. Eat within 5 or so days.
MyWW SmartPoints per parfait: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 3 SmartPoints/ Blue: 1 SmartPoints/ Purple: 1 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers PointsPlus:
3 per parfait (PP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information per parfait:
130 calories, 14 g carbs, 12 g sugars, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 16 g protein, 1 g fiber, 80 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)