Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bake
This Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bake is cheesy, spicy, creamy, hearty, warm, comforting for around 300 calories per serving!
- ¾ cup plain, fat free yogurt
- ½ cup light blue cheese dressing, such as Marie’s Chunky Lite or Marzetti Chunky Lite
- 1 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 - ½ cup Buffalo Wing sauce, the actual wing sauce, not straight hot sauce – ½ cup is spicy
- 10 oz cooked, shredded chicken breast (this is about how much I got from cooking 1 lb raw)
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, about ¾ cup uncooked quinoa makes about 3 cups cooked
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded (I used Cabot brand)
- 1 oz crumbled blue cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 350.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, blue cheese dressing, cream cheese and wing sauce and stir to mix. Add the shredded chicken, carrots and celery and stir to combine. Add the quinoa and stir until well combined.
Transfer the quinoa mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish (I used a 7x11, but you can use an 8x8 or 9x9) and spread evenly. Sprinkle the cheddar across the top and follow with the crumbled blue cheese. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until heated through. Turn the oven to broil and move dish to a higher oven rack. Broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/6th of the recipe) serving:(SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 9 SmartPoints/ Blue: 8 SmartPoints/ Purple: 5 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
8 per serving(P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
304 calories, 19 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 13 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 29 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)