California Club Sandwich
This California Club Sandwich with bacon and avocado is a tasty upgrade for your traditional turkey sandwich!
- 8 slices center cut bacon, I used Wegmans regular slice center cut
- ¼ cup low fat mayonnaise, I used Hellman’s Low-Fat
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 slices light wheat bread, I used Pepperidge Farm Light Style Soft Wheat
- 8 oz sliced deli turkey or deli chicken, I used Hillshire Farms Oven Roasted Deli Chicken
- 1 medium avocado, cut into quarters (one quarter for each sandwich) and sliced
- 4-8 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
Cook the bacon slices according to package instructions and allow to dry on paper towels.
In a small dish, combine the mayo, basil and lemon juice and stir until well combined and set aside.
Toast the bread slices in a toaster until golden. Take two toasted slices and lay them side by side. Spread 1 tablespoon of the basil mayo onto one of the slices. Place 2 oz of the deli turkey or chicken over the mayo and spread avocado slices from ¼ of an avocado over the meat. On the other slice of bread, stack 1-2 pieces of lettuce and one slice of tomato. Criss cross two slices of the cooked bacon over the tomato. Flip the BLT side over onto the turkey side to form a sandwich. Repeat with the three remaining sandwiches. Cut in half and serve (you may want to stick a sandwich pick into each half before slicing to keep the ingredients perfectly stacked).
MyWW SmartPoints per (1 sandwich) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 9 SmartPoints/ Blue: 9 SmartPoints/ Purple: 9 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
8 per sandwich (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
287 calories, 26 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 15 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 20 g protein, 7 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)