Recipe Makeover: Bubble Up Enchilada Casserole
This Bubble Up Enchilada Casserole is filling, delicious and easy to make for a weeknight meal!
- 1 ¼ lbs extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1 (10 oz can) enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 oz can) tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz can) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7.5 oz can) refrigerator biscuits, cut into quarters (I used my store brand Wegmans “Homestyle” biscuits)
- 1 cup shredded low fat Mexican Cheese, I used Weight Watchers brand
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Brown turkey in a large skillet or sauté pan.
Add the enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and black beans and stir to combine. Stir the biscuit pieces into the meat mixture.
Transfer the entire mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
323 calories, 38 g carbs, 6 g sugars, 5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 32 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/6th of the recipe) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 8 SmartPoints/ Blue: 5 SmartPoints/ Purple: 5 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
7 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)