Taco Chicken Salad
This Taco Chicken Salad with avocado, corn and black beans makes a filling, flavorful, protein-packed lunch!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ lbs uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into ½” cubes
- 1 oz packet of taco seasoning
- ½ cup corn kernels, I used leftover cooked corn cut off the cob, but you can also use drained canned corn
- ½ cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced radishes, I sliced mine into thin strips
- ½ medium ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- Optional: chopped cilantro or scallions, to taste
In a large skillet, bring the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the diced chicken. Stir until coated with oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes until chicken pieces are cooked through. Drain if necessary and stir in taco seasoning to coat. Remove to a container and allow to cool. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
When chicken is completely cooled, transfer it to a mixing bowl and add the corn, black beans, tomatoes and radishes. Stir lightly until combined.
Mash the avocado with a fork and then transfer to a small dish. Stir in the sour cream until combined. Spoon the avocado mixture into the bowl with the chicken mixture and then stir together until the chicken salad is coated in the avocado mixture. Stir in cilantro or scallions if using. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
238 calories, 10 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 8 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 28 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
MyWW SmartPoints per (3/4 cup) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 5 SmartPoints/ Blue: 2 SmartPoints/ Purple: 2 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per (3/4 cup) serving (PP calculated using the nutrition info below and a WW PointsPlus calculator)