Taco Chicken Salad
If you’re looking for a filling, flavorful, protein-packed lunch idea then this Taco Chicken Salad is for you. Hearty chicken coated in zesty taco seasoning and mixed with sweet corn, black beans, tomatoes, radishes, mashed avocado and sour cream = a flavor party in my mouth. It’s also super versatile, just like any other chicken salad. I’ve been eating it straight up (it’s so good on its own), but you can definitely put it in a Flatout wrap or a sandwich or a lettuce wrap. This Taco Chicken Salad is an easy recipe to throw together one night and then bring for lunches throughout the week, and with 28 grams of protein per serving, it’ll help keep you full until dinner! Still need convincing? Each serving is just 238 calories or 5 Green, 2 Blue or 2 Purple Weight Watchers SmartPoints!
Need more tasty lunch ideas? Check out my Black and Blue Steak Wraps, Ham and Cheese Twists, Hummus Chicken Salad, Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad, Turkey Club Wonton Cupcakes, Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps, Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, Doritos Taco Salad, Zuppa Toscana, Antipasto Salad, California Club Sandwich, Chicken Parmesan Wonton Cupcakes, Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad, French Dip Wonton Cupcakes, Cheeseburger Soup, Chinese Chicken Wraps and more in my recipe index!
Taco Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ lbs uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into ½” cubes
- 1 oz packet of taco seasoning
- ½ cup corn kernels, I used leftover cooked corn cut off the cob, but you can also use drained canned corn
- ½ cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced radishes, I sliced mine into thin strips
- ½ medium ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- Optional: chopped cilantro or scallions, to taste
- In a large skillet, bring the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the diced chicken. Stir until coated with oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes until chicken pieces are cooked through. Drain if necessary and stir in taco seasoning to coat. Remove to a container and allow to cool. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- When chicken is completely cooled, transfer it to a mixing bowl and add the corn, black beans, tomatoes and radishes. Stir lightly until combined.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and then transfer to a small dish. Stir in the sour cream until combined. Spoon the avocado mixture into the bowl with the chicken mixture and then stir together until the chicken salad is coated in the avocado mixture. Stir in cilantro or scallions if using. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
5 per (3/4 cup) serving (PP calculated using the nutrition info below and a WW PointsPlus calculator) Nutrition Information: 238 calories, 10 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 8 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 28 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)