Black and Blue Steak Wraps
I have partnered with Flatout to create this recipe. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
I had a million ideas when my friends at Flatout challenged me to create a recipe with the theme “your favorite flatbread wrap.” I mean, I’m already pretty in love with the Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps I posted back in January. I decided to change it up and cook with a protein I use less often: steak! I based these Black and Blue Steak Wraps on one of my favorite salads to order out at a restaurant. I absolutely adore spicy blackened Cajun seasoning with beef and I think it pairs really well with something rich and creamy like crumbled blue cheese. Add in some tangy balsamic vinaigrette, lettuce and tomato and wrap it all up in my favorite light original Flatout flatbread and you have a hearty, filling and absolutely delicious lunch or dinner option. You won’t believe how easy these are to make!
These Black and Blue Steak Wraps can be served with hot steak right off the stovetop or cold/room temp – they taste great both ways! The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed the family or halved to feed one. Each wrap is only 326 calories or 8 Weight Watchers SmartPoints each on the myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans AND each contains 31 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber. That will help keep you satisfied all day long! Also, since I know some of you are blue cheese haters, you can definitely sub in another creamy, crumbly cheese like goat cheese or feta if you prefer!
As you all know, Flatout flatbreads are great because they’re super tasty, healthy and so versatile. Just add your favorite fillings or toppings and you can make perfect wraps or pizzas! Want some more flatbread inspiration to create your own favorite wrap? Check out this video of fun combinations from my friends at Flatout:
Looking for more Flatout recipes? Check out my Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps, Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Wraps, Spinach Artichoke Flatbreads, Greek Snack Flats, Mexi Burgers with Guacamole, Chinese Chicken Wrap, Chicken Pesto Flatbreads and Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps.
Black and Blue Steak Wraps
Yield: 2 wraps
- 6 oz raw lean, trimmed flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons blackened Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 Flatout Light Original Flatbreads
- 2-4 large leaves of green leaf lettuce, torn
- 4 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Place the uncooked steak strips into a Ziploc bag and sprinkle with the blackened seasoning. Seal the bag and shake/massage until the steak is coated with the seasoning.
- Bring 1 teaspoon of the canola oil over medium heat in a medium sized skillet. When the oil is hot, add the steak strips and stir them around to coat with oil. Arrange them into a single layer and cook for 3-5 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the steak strips are cooked to taste. Remove the steak to a side plate.
- Lay the Flatout flatbreads on a clean, dry surface and lay the torn lettuce down the center of each flatbread going the long way (starting at the rounded end and spreading down the length of the flatbread to the other rounded end. You can leave a bit of space at each end as you’ll be folding them over, and you do not need to cover the whole flatbread, just an area down the middle. Divide the steak evenly between the two flatbreads and place it on top of the lettuce. Split the sliced tomatoes and blue cheese between each flatbread and then drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette. *Make sure to leave an inch or so of room at each end.*
- Fold in the rounded ends of each flatbread over the filling. Then fold one of the long edges over the filling and continue to roll until the wrap is completely rolled up. Cut in half and serve.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1 wrap) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 8 SmartPoints/ Blue: 8 SmartPoints/ Purple: 8 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
8 per wrap (P+ calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
326 calories, 19 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 16 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 31 g protein, 9 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites original