Mexi-Burgers with Guacamole
These Mexi-Burgers with Guacamole are full of Mexican flavor and a great excuse to fire up the grill. Not only is Father’s Day right around the corner, but June is National Men’s Health Month, so these man-friendly burgers are the perfect way to celebrate the men in your life (or yourself)! Each hearty, healthy, delicious burger is just 313 calories or 7 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on all three myWW plans. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
As many of you know, I’ve teamed up with my friends at Flatout flatbreads* for some great recipes already this year (like my Chicken Pesto Flatbreads, Chinese Chicken Wraps or my guest posts on Flatout Fresh), and Men’s Health Month was a great time to work together again. One of my favorite Flatout products is their line of Foldits flatbreads which are perfect for sandwiches, burgers, panini and turkey melts (my favorite). We always have them on hand and my husband packs lunch with Foldits several times a week. Besides tasting great and being just the right thickness for ideal bread-to-filling ratio, their line of Hungry Girl Foldits are a great source of fiber and protein and the 100%Whole Wheat with Flax Foldits I used for this recipe are only 90 calories each! That’s a burger bun I can get behind.
If you’d like to try Foldits or any of the Flatout varieties, they’re currently offering a coupon for 50 cents off if you follow this link!
In addition to these Mexi-Burgers, I also did a guest post over at FlatoutFresh for another lightened up man-friendly recipe, my Baked Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches on their Hungry Girl Traditional White Foldit. Make sure to check it out!
*I have partnered with Flatout to create this recipe. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Mexi-Burgers with Guacamole
- 1 teaspoon chili oil, I found this by the Asian ingredients at my grocery store
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chunky salsa
- 1 ¼ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned bread crumbs
- 4 Flatout Foldit Hungry Girl 100% Whole Wheat with Flax Flatbreads
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 tablespoons guacamole
- Pre-heat your grill.
- In a small skillet, bring the chili oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ground beef, salsa, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne, black pepper, salt and bread crumbs to the onions in the mixing bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined. Split the meat mixture into 4 even piles and form each pile into a patty.
- Place the patties on the grill and cook to your desired doneness, flipping when needed. Place a lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato onto one side of each Foldit. Place a cooked burger on top of the tomato and then spread a tablespoon of guacamole on top of each burger. Fold the top half of the Foldit over the guacamole and serve.
8 per burger (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
I made these last night and they were fabulous!
I was interested in checking out your chicken parmesan sandwich on flat out but they do not offer it, their site is mostly adverts and their recipes offer links to other groups like PG, nothing regarding your recipe…so I am assuming that it is baked parmesan on their bread…
BTW I really enjoy your blog…
Your recipes are fantastic, great variety & I always find something new to try! Thank you for all your hardwork and love of cooking, it truly shows throughout your blog!
Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year