Chinese Chicken Wrap
This Chinese Chicken Wrap is filling, flavorful, and so easy to make. One of the toughest meals to plan for when trying to lead a healthy lifestyle can be lunch. It’s right in the middle of your busy day, your cooking options are generally limited, and whether you work in an office, from home or on the road, it’s tempting to grab something fast, easy and calorie-laden if you don’t plan ahead. Packing a filling and healthy lunch can go a long way to helping you stay on track and giving you energy for the afternoon ahead, and this Chinese Chicken Wrap is a great make-ahead lunch solution. You can eat it cold, or if you’d rather, you can warm it up, and it’s fast and easy to make in the morning or the night before to bring for your midday meal. Don’t forget to check out my Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken post- the perfect way to make shredded chicken for this recipe!
I love Flatout* flatbreads, as you may know from previous posts like my Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps or Chicken Pesto Flatbreads or my guest posts on Flatout Fresh. They’re a good source of fiber and protein (which keep you full) and both the flatbreads and Foldits are great for creating tasty and portable lunches for when you’re “dining al desko” at the office. Foldits make perfect sandwiches and the flatouts are my favorite for wraps. Add your favorite meats, veggies, cheeses and dressings and lunch is ready! Plus, the flatbreads make great pizzas. My husband and I keep both on hand pretty much at all times!
If you’d like to try Flatouts, they’re actually being demo’d next weekend (February 27th-March 1st) at Walmart stores nationwide, so you can stop in and try them out. Flatout is also offering a $0.50 coupon right here, so make sure to print it and bring it with you!
In addition to this Chinese Chicken Wrap, I also did a guest post over at Flatout Fresh for another great lunch recipe, my Avocado BLT on their Traditional White Foldit. The post is going live on their site next Tuesday (Feb 24th), so make sure to check it out! (I’ll link here once it’s live)
*I have partnered with Flatout to create this recipe. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Chinese Chicken Wrap
Yield: 1 wrap
- 1 Flatout Light Original Flatbread
- 1-2 large Romaine lettuce leaves, torn
- ¼ cup broccoli slaw
- 2 oz grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Mandarin oranges, no sugar added
- ¼ ounce Chow Mein Noodles
- 1 tablespoon light Asian vinaigrette dressing (an Asian sesame would work great, I used Trader Joe’s Asian Spicy Peanut Vinagirette)
- Place the flatbread on a clean, dry surface. Layer the lettuce, broccoli slaw, chicken, oranges and chow mein noodles in a pile, lengthwise, leaving about an inch on either end. Drizzle the dressing over the top of the ingredients. Fold the one inch ends on either side over the filling and then roll the wrap over the ingredients lengthwise to cover. Place sandwich picks into the wrap as needed to keep it closed during transport.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1 wrap) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 6 SmartPoints/ Blue: 5 SmartPoints/ Purple: 5 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
7 per wrap (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
259 calories, 26 g carbs, 6 g sugars, 8 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 28 g protein, 10 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original