Greek Layer Dip
Ready for a Mediterranean flavor explosion? I seriously want to eat this Greek Layer Dip every single day. It’s that good. Plus, it’s served cold, so it’s the perfect dip to make and bring to a potluck, holiday party or tailgating feast. It’s guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser and you get a hearty 1/3 cup serving for just 159 calories or 6 WW SmartPoints on all three myWW color plans! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
As some of you may already know, I’ve partnered with Sabra this year* to develop recipes as part of their 2014 Tastemakers Panel. I can proudly and honestly say that they make my absolute favorite hummus in some of the best and most creative flavors (they also make yummy guacamole, yogurt dips, salsas and other spreads such as my husband’s all-time favorite bruschetta), so it’s incredibly easy for me to come up with tasty recipes using their products.
For this recipe I used Sabra’s classic flavored hummus (chickpea with a bit of garlic and tahini), added a thick and creamy Feta cheese layer, and topped it with diced Mediterranean vegetables lightly tossed in a Greek vinaigrette. In the photos I actually put the hummus layer first, at the bottom of the dish, but in the recipe I recommend you use the Feta layer first since the hummus is easier to spread.
Feel free to serve this recipe with whatever dippers you like (pita chips, veggies, etc). To make my favorite Weight Watchers-friendly dipper, lightly mist the cut side of some sandwich thins with olive oil cooking spray and then sprinkle lightly with salt. Place the sandwich thin halves in the toaster oven and toast to your desired doneness. When finished, cut each sandwich thin half into 6 triangles. Each sandwich thin should give you 12 triangles.
*I have partnered with Sabra as part of their 2014 Tastemakers Panel. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Greek Layer Dip
- 6 oz crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 8 oz Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced grape tomatoes
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives, diced
- Combine the Feta*, cream cheese and yogurt in the bowl of a food processor and process until combined and smooth. Spread the cheese mixture evenly across the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Top this cheesy layer with the hummus and spread across evenly. (*I reserved a tiny bit of the feta to sprinkle over the top at the end)
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper and stir until well combined. Add the diced cucumbers, tomatoes and olives to the oil mixture and stir until well combined. Spread the tomato/cucumber mixture over the top of the hummus in the pie plate and serve.
4 per (1/3 cup) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)