7 Layer Dip
If y’all are even a teeny, tiny bit as excited about this 7 Layer Dip as I am, then get ready to be PUMPED. I love dips, they’re one of my favorite things to bring to a potluck, party or gathering, or just to make at home to watch a football game or movie. This 7 Layer Dip is special, because not only is it layer upon layer of fresh and fantastic Mexican flavors, but since it is served chilled or at room temperature, it’s super easy to bring along! No need to ask to use your host’s oven or try to convert it to a slow cooker recipe (which does work well for many recipes, like my Buffalo Chicken or Spinach and Artichoke dips). Just layer it up and you’re ready to go!
This dip looks beautiful layered, but even if it gets all jumbled together it will still taste amazing. As the name suggests, there are 7 layers: (1) refried beans, (2) cream cheese + sour cream + taco seasoning, (3) salsa, (4) cheddar cheese, (5) shredded lettuce, (6) chopped tomatoes, and (7) sliced black olives. These layers somehow combine to taste fresh and comforting at the same time. It’s addicting. Luckily a big ½ cup serving is only 111 calories or 3 Green, 2 Blue or 2 Purple myWW SmartPoints! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here! I like to serve my 7 Layer Dip with a combination of both tortilla chips and vegetables for dipping to give some options.
Looking for more tasty, lightened up dip recipes? Check out my Buffalo Chicken Dip, Ranch Hummus, Pepperoni Pizza Dip, Chili Cheese Dip, Cannoli Dip, BLT Dip, Chocolate Hummus, Greek Layer Dip, Creamy Dill Dip, Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Hot & Cheesy Bean Dip, Beefy Enchilada Skillet Dip, Caprese Dip, Chocolate Fruit Dip, Buffalo Wing Hummus, and more in the Appetizers category in my recipe index!
7 Layer Dip
- 1 (16 oz) can fat free refried beans
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I use Cabot)
- 1 ½ - 2 cups shredded lettuce
- ½ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- In an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish, spread the refried beans in an even layer across the bottom with a spatula.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning until well combined and smooth. Transfer this mixture to the baking dish and spread in an even layer on top of the beans. Top this layer with a layer of salsa. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and follow with the shredded lettuce. Evenly distribute the chopped tomatoes over top of the lettuce and finish with the black olives.
2 per (1/2 cup) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)