The NFL playoffs have arrived, the Super Bowl is approaching and the NHL is coming back for some sort of a weird half-season (better late than never, I suppose). To celebrate all the televised sports I’ll be watching this month I really wanted to post a gooey, cheesy dip recipe. I’ve wanted to do something with Caprese flavors for a while and I thought a Caprese Dip would really showcase the fresh basil, juicy tomatoes and stringy Mozzarella cheese. Mozzarella on its own would be hard to dip into so I decided to mix in some cream cheese and yogurt to give it more of a dip consistency. I also threw in some garlic because who doesn’t love that? I thought the results were delicious and you get a whole ¼ cup for only 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on myWW Green, Blue or Purple or 134 calories. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here! You can serve these with all sorts of dippers. I ate it with both celery sticks and toasted sandwich thin triangles (see below) but baguette slices, tortilla chips or other veggies would work great too. Whether you’re cheering on a team or just making snacks for a fun night in, this Caprese Dip is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ cup diced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, 1 cup of the Mozzarella, basil, garlic, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Fold in the tomatoes. Using a spatula, spread mixture evenly across the bottom of a glass pie plate. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Mozzarella.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes and serve immediately.
3 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)