Buffalo Chicken Dip
This easy, flavorful lightened up Buffalo Chicken Dip is just 5 ingredients and sure to become one of your party staples. I honestly can’t believe it has taken me almost 8 years to put this recipe on my site – I’m from Buffalo after all! I promise you all that it was worth the wait. This spicy, creamy, cheesy hearty dip is a major crowd-pleaser and perfect for football watching, girls’ night in or any other get together with friends or family. You can also easily double the recipe to serve more people or heartier appetites, just serve it in a 7×11 or other 2 quart baking dish.
*2020 Update: Over the past few years I’ve found myself making this in my slow cooker more often than I do in the oven, so I’m adding a note about that as well. It makes a super easy crock pot recipe! Plus, then you can leave it out and keep it warm for a party or gathering. To make it in the slow cooker, I usually double (or triple depending on the size of the gathering) the recipe and once the ingredients are stirred together, just transfer it into your slow cooker. Cook on low for 2-3 hours and stir again before serving. My slow cooker has a “warm” setting, so usually I switch it to warm when serving.
Not only will all your guests ask you for this recipe, but they’ll be shocked to discover that this Buffalo Chicken Dip is just 105 calories or 3 SmartPoints per serving on the Green, Blue and Purple myWW plans. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here! Just serve with veggies, tortilla chips, crostini or pita for dipping and watch it disappear. Served with celery or other veggies makes this a decadent low carb treat! Don’t forget to check out my Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken post- the perfect way to make shredded chicken for this recipe!
If you’re on the hunt for more delicious dip recipes, check out my Pepperoni Pizza Dip, Chili Cheese Dip, Cannoli Dip, BLT Dip, Greek Layer Dip, Spinach & Artichoke Dip, Hot & Cheesy Bean Dip, Beefy Enchilada Dip, Caprese Dip, Creamy Dill Dip and more in my Appetizers category!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup light blue cheese dressing
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 7 oz cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 2 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir together until smooth and well mixed. Spread the mixture evenly across the bottom of a 9” pie plate. Place in the oven* for 20 minutes until heated through and serve.
- *To make this recipe in a slow cooker, double the ingredients and once mixed, transfer them to your slow cooker. Cook on low for 2-3 hours until hot throughout. Stir before serving.
3 per (1/4 cup) serving (PP calculated using a WW PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)