Ham and Cheese Twists
These four ingredient Ham and Cheese Twists are so easy to make and they’re perfect for every occasion! They’re like a cross between a sandwich and a breadstick, so they’re great for lunch in place of a sandwich, as a side to soup or salad (try serving them with tomato soup for dipping – you won’t be sorry!), perfect for finger food at a party or for watching the game, I’d even eat them for breakfast. So, basically if you are like me you will want to eat these all the time. Better yet, they’re only 102 calories or 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints each on the myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans so you can eat them all the time!
Don’t be intimidated by the twisting, these are seriously easy. I’m a huge fan of yellow mustard, but I think spicy mustard, honey mustard, or any other variation would be equally amazing, so feel free to use your favorite kind (may affect nutrition info).
Looking for more versatile handheld recipes? Check out my Pizza Pockets, Cheddar Bay Pull Apart Muffins, Bacon BBQ Cheeseburger Quesadillas, Buffalo Chicken Taquitos, Enchilada Cheese Rolls, Pepperoni Pull Apart Muffins, Caprese Tarts, Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels, Spicy Beef Taquitos, Pizza Logs or any of my Wonton Cupcake recipes!
Ham and Cheese Twists
Yield: 12 twists
- 1 (11 oz) can of Pillsbury French Bread Crusty French Loaf dough
- 6 oz sliced deli ham (I used Hillshire Farm Deli Select Ultra Thin Honey Ham)
- 4-6 teaspoons mustard, to taste (I used yellow mustard because I love it, but feel free to use a different kind)
- 3 oz (3/4 cup) shredded 2% Sharp Cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Mist a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Unpackage the bread dough onto a cutting board and look for the seam in the dough roll. Unroll the dough starting at the seam until you have a flat rectangle of dough. The dough should be about 11”x15”, if not you can use a rolling pin to make it more of an even rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the dough rectangle down the middle along the longer side to make two long rectangles (about 5.5”x15” each). Layer the sliced ham across the surface of one of the dough rectangles. Spread the mustard over top of the ham and then top by sprinkling the shredded cheddar over the mustard. Place the other dough rectangle over top of the ham and cheese and use your fingers to press the top layer of dough and bottom layer of dough together along all the edges.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, slice the loaf into 12 even strips. One at a time, hold the end of each strip and twist in opposite directions to form twists and then lay them on the prepared baking sheet. Once all pieces are twisted and on the baking sheet, transfer them to the oven and bake for 23-28 minutes until the dough is golden.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1 piece) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 3 SmartPoints/ Blue: 3 SmartPoints/ Purple: 3 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per twist (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
102 calories, 13 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 6 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites original, inspired by these Pizza Breadsticks from The Weary Chef