Bacon BBQ Cheeseburger Quesadillas
These Bacon BBQ Cheeseburger Quesadillas are the meaty, cheesy, saucy indulgence dreams are made of, but you can eat a whole quesadilla for under 300 calories or just 8 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans! They’re also really easy to make for a weeknight dinner your whole family will love or cut into quarters and served as a tasty handheld snack to pass at a party or munch on while watching the game. Bacon + barbecue + cheeseburger + quesadilla = perfect football food, am I right?
If you’re not going to eat/serve all the quesadillas at once I would suggest just completing step 1 of the directions and then refrigerating the meat mixture you’re not using and only building and cooking the quesadillas you plan to serve immediately. The quesadillas are best right off the griddle, so I’d recommend building and cooking them as needed with the leftover meat mixture rather than cooking them all at once and trying to reheat the fully formed and cooked quesadillas later.
Just a note: the nutrition facts for barbecue sauces can vary dramatically, so the barbecue sauce you use can affect the calories or Weight Watchers points for this recipe. I used Stubb’s Original which only has 6 grams of carbs and 4 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoon serving. Plus, it’s delicious. If you want the nutrition information to stay about the same I recommend looking for a sauce that is similarly low in carbs – it can make a big difference!
Looking for more creative ways to eat the cheeseburger flavors you crave for less calories? Check out my recipes for Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps, Cheeseburger Salad, Cheeseburger Pizza, Cheeseburger Soup, Cheeseburger Hash Brown Cups, Cheeseburger Meatloaf Pie, Cheeseburger Wonton Cups, Bacon Cheeseburger Mini Puffs, and Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps!
Bacon BBQ Cheeseburger Quesadillas
Yield: 5 quesadillas
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef*
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Hamburger seasoning
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce (look for one with lower carbs/sugar – I use Stubb’s Original)
- 3 strips crispy cooked center cut bacon, chopped
- 10 small corn tortillas (I use Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn Tortillas)
- 5 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I use Cabot)
*if you replace the ground beef with 98% lean ground turkey breast the quesadilla will be 6 SP on WW Freestyle
- Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. Add the chopped onions to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until onions are translucent. Add the ground beef and continue to cook, breaking up beef with a spoon, until meat is cooked through and broken into small bite-sized pieces. Drain any excess fat from the pan if necessary. Add the hamburger seasoning and stir until meat is coated. Add the barbecue sauce and bacon and stir in until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Mist one side of five tortillas with cooking spray and place the tortillas sprayed side down onto a griddle pan or large skillet (may need to cook them in shifts). Sprinkle half an ounce of the shredded cheese onto the surface of each tortilla and top with ½ cup of the meat mixture. Make sure the meat mixture is spread out, covering the tortilla and then sprinkle another ½ ounce of cheese over top of the meat. Spray one side of the remaining 5 tortillas and use them to top the quesadillas (sprayed side up). When the quesadilla ingredients are stacked, bring the pan over medium heat and cook for 4-5 minutes until the bottom tortilla is golden and the cheese on the bottom layer is melted. Carefully flip the quesadillas (I used a spatula/flipper pressed to either side of the quesadilla when flipping and it worked perfectly). Cook for another 3 minutes or until the bottom sides are golden and all the cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into quarters and serve while hot.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1 quesadilla) serving:(SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 8 SmartPoints/ Blue: 8 SmartPoints/ Purple: 8 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
8 per quesadilla (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information per quesadilla:
297 calories, 20 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 11 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 31 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original