Cheeseburger Meatloaf Pie
Is it meatloaf? Is it a burger? This Cheeseburger Meatloaf Pie is both! Two classic American favorites combine in this quick and easy weeknight meal that’s anything but traditional. The milk and breadcrumbs in the recipe keep the meatloaf moist and juicy and the burger seasoning, ketchup, mustard and cheese add all your favorite cheeseburger flavors. I imagine calling it “cheeseburger pie” may also get picky kids who may otherwise turn up their noses at meatloaf. Baking it in a pie plate also takes far less time than a traditional loaf pan and a huge (¼ of the plate) serving is only 8 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the Green, Blue and Purple plans! If you’re serving more than four, you could definitely make this into six smaller servings and add some hefty sides. From beginning to end this whole recipe takes about 30 minutes and has almost no prep time, so this is a perfect weeknight dish.
Cheeseburger Meatloaf Pie
Yield: 4 servings
- 5 oz fat free evaporated milk
- ½ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Hamburger Seasoning
- 1 lb raw 95% lean ground beef*
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 3 oz 50% light sharp cheddar cheese, (3/4 cup) shredded
*if you replace the ground beef with 99% lean ground turkey breast, a serving will be 5 SP on WW Freestyle
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9” glass pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the evaporated milk, breadcrumbs and hamburger seasoning and mix. Add ground beef and combine thoroughly (I just use my hands). Press the meat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pie plate and bake for about 20 minutes until meat is almost browned through. Remove from the oven and drain juices.
- Spread ketchup across the top of the meatloaf. Squeeze the mustard back and forth across the surface of the pie in both directions, crisscrossing (I measured and this is about 2 teaspoons of mustard). Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the whole pie and place back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted and meat is no longer pink.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/4th of the recipe) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 8 SmartPoints/ Blue: 8 SmartPoints/ Purple: 8 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
8 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
314 calories, 21 g carbs, 10 g sugars, 10 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 35 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
adapted from Taste of Home