Summer Vegetable Sauté
Wave goodbye to boring vegetables, because this simple Summer Vegetable Sauté allows their fresh flavors to really shine. Although the ingredients are uncomplicated, the natural sweetness of the corn, carrots, red onion, and bell pepper with the savory garlic, crisp green beans, and juicy squash serve bold flavors. This summer, a produce market nearby started offering a weekly box, and I was lucky enough to receive all of these tasty vegetables in my most recent one! If you’re able to use fresh corn cut off the cob, I recommend it, because the flavor is so sweet and delicious, but frozen will definitely work if you don’t have fresh on hand. I have to credit my mom for making basically this exact same summer vegetable sauté first with the contents of her same produce box. Once I tried it, I knew I had to do the same! Not only does this simple recipe offer bold fresh flavors, a ¾ cup serving is only 75 calories or 2 Green, 1 Blue or 1 Purple (Weight Watchers) WW SmartPoints!
This Summer Vegetable Sauté is the perfect side dish for any meat from the grill. Steak, chicken, fish, pork…it goes with everything! It also comes together super quickly. Just slice everything up and then in 10 more minutes you’re ready to eat! This recipe is also easy to customize. If you don’t like something, or don’t have something, you can replace it with more of the other ingredients if need be. You can also add fresh herbs or whatever else you have on hand. I do suggest making it as written though, because the flavor combination is *chef’s kiss* perfect!
Looking for more tasty, lightened up side dish recipes? Check out my Creamy Corn with Bacon and Jalapenos, Broccoli Salad, Easy Garlic Knots, Avocado BLT Pasta Salad, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Zucchini Casserole, Vegetable Fried Rice, Spinach Balls, Garlic Herb Mushrooms, Classic Mashed Potatoes, Salt and Vinegar Roasted Cauliflower, Easy Salsa Rice, Buffalo Cauliflower Wings, Strawberry Quinoa Salad, Cheesy Broccoli Bake, Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds, Loaded Cauliflower Bake, Cheesy Potluck Potatoes, Zucchini Squares, and more in the Side Dishes category of my recipe index.
Summer Vegetable Sauté
Yield: 6 (3/4 cup) servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ a medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup corn kernels (I used fresh, raw kernels cut off the cob, but frozen kernels would also work)
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced and cut into 1-inch sticks (I used an orange one)
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Drizzle the olive oil into a large saute pan and bring to medium heat. Add the onion and stir to coat. Cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the remaining vegetables (carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, green beans, corn, and bell pepper) as well as the salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, removing the lid briefly to stir halfway through, for 5 minutes, covered.
- Remove the lid and turn the heat back up to medium. Add the garlic and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3-5 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER (3/4 cup) SERVING: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 2 SmartPoints/ Blue: 1 SmartPoints/ Purple: 1 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
2 per (3/4 cup) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per (3/4 cup) serving:
75 calories, 12 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 3 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
inspired by Mama Bites