Easy Garlic Knots
These Easy Garlic Knots are the perfect side dish for any Italian meal, they go great with a salad or a bowl of soup, and they also make an ideal snack or appetizer when served with pizza sauce or marinara for dipping. Garlic knots might seem time consuming, but since I used pre-made pizza dough these came together in just about 20 minutes start to finish! Hence the easy in easy garlic knots. Plus each one is only 89 calories or 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans, so you’ll want to start serving these with everything. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Looking for more easy, lightened up side dishes? Check out the side dishes category in my recipe index for favorites like Cheesy Broccoli Bake, Roasted Smashed Garlic Potatoes, Spinach and Parmesan Orzo, Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds, Loaded Cauliflower Bake, Zucchini Casserole and more!
Easy Garlic Knots
- 1 (13.8 oz) can of Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust, (or similar pre-made pizza dough)
- 2 tablespoons light butter, I used Land O’Lakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt or garlic salt, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto a cutting board with the long edge facing you. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough vertically to make 12 even strips. Tie each of these dough strips into a knot and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place the knots in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the knots are baking, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for a minute or two until garlic is fragrant. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the Italian seasoning.
- When the knots are done baking, remove from the oven (but leave it on). Using a silicone pastry brush, brush the butter/garlic mixture from the pan over top of the baked knots. Sprinkle with salt or garlic salt if desired. Place the knots back in the oven for another 4-5 minutes until the knots are golden.
2 per knot, or two knots for 5 PP (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Inspired by Rasa Malaysia
Great idea, I have to try. Looks very good!
Your simply amazing! already so many updated with the new point system. Thanks so much! love your stuff 🙂
Aw, thanks Tara! It’s coming along 🙂
I made these for Valentine’d Day dinner and my family absolutely loved them! No one knew (but me) that it was a WW friendly recipe and I was asked to make them again in the near future. It was a perfect addition to our lasagna meal. From one WW member to another, thank you so much for posting this recipe!