Cheesy Potluck Potatoes
I often forget to plan ahead and post a holiday-themed recipe before the holiday actually occurs so that you all can make it too, but this time I remembered! I am so proud of myself. I know a lot of people make ham as their main course for Easter, and one of the most popular side dishes for ham is a warm, creamy, cheesy potato casserole. I think almost everyone has eaten some version of these potatoes. When brainstorming a light version I ran across many similar recipes titled “funeral potatoes” which made me do a double take. I’m assuming the moniker comes from this dish’s prevalence at potluck gatherings, so I am incorporating potluck into the title instead of funeral. It just sounds more appetizing! I’m not always a huge sour cream fan, but I love the tangy flavor it brings to this dish. You can make this with the traditional cream of chicken soup, but it tastes just as good with cream of mushroom for a vegetarian option. This is a generous portion for a side dish, so make sure to leave room on your plate. The potatoes make really good leftovers too, so feel free to hide some before they’re all gone! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Cheesy Potluck Potatoes
- 2 lb (32 oz bag) of frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, defrosted (use a zero point hash brown if following the myWW Purple plan)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 10.75 oz can of 98% fat free cream of chicken OR cream of mushroom soup for a vegetarian option
- 1 cup 2% reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup of corn flakes, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the corn flakes and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle the corn flakes over the top and bake for one hour until potatoes are cooked through. Slice into eight pieces and serve.
190 calories, 31 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 6 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) MyWW SmartPoints per (1/8th of the recipe) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Green: 6 SmartPoints/ Blue: 6 SmartPoints/ Purple: 3 SmartPoints Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Adapted from Food.com