Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
This Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is a fun, creamy, spicy twist on traditional pasta salad that makes a great main dish for lunch or dinner as well a crowd-pleasing potluck option. I liked the idea of lightening it up a bit by making it part pasta salad, part green salad using the Romaine and it turned out amazing. The romaine, celery and carrots give crunch, it’s super hearty and filling with the chicken, veggies and pasta, and the sauce is creamy with a nice little Buffalo kick. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
If you want to make less, it’s easy to halve the recipe, and I especially love it as a portable weekday lunch option. If you do want to serve it as a side dish at a cookout or potluck, I would just cut the serving size in half for 16 servings of 2/3 cup each. Don’t forget to check out my Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken post- the perfect way to make shredded chicken for this recipe!
Love Buffalo chicken dishes as much as I do? Check out the Buffalo flavor category of my recipe index for Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bake, Buffalo Wing Hummus, Buffalo Chicken Taquitos, Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cupcakes, Buffalo Cheese Bread and more!
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- 12 oz dry whole wheat pasta, I used Farfalle
- 12 oz cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped (mine was grilled)
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup light blue cheese dressing, I used Marzetti Light
- 1/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce, adjust to taste if desired
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions and drain. Rinse the pasta in cold water and then place it in a container in the refrigerator for at least an hour until chilled.
- When the pasta is cool, place it in a mixing or serving bowl and add the chicken, lettuce*, celery and carrots and stir together until well combined.*If you are planning to make this once and eat it for lunches all week, I would suggest waiting to add the lettuce and just adding it in to each serving when you pack your lunch to ensure it doesn't wilt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the crumbled blue cheese, Greek yogurt and blue cheese dressing. Using a fork or the back of a spoon, “smush” the blue cheese crumbles into the yogurt mixture until there are no large chunks remaining. Add the Buffalo sauce and stir until well combined. Pour the blue cheese mixture over the pasta salad and toss together until pasta salad is well coated.
7 per (1 1/3 cup) (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)