Gingerbread Cheesecake Cups
These easy, tasty Gingerbread Cheesecake Cups bring two of my favorite dessert flavors together to make a perfectly sweet winter treat. I shared these with a few family members before posting and they gave rave reviews. My 3-year-old even said “Did you make these? I love them so much!” and asked for another one. It’s no surprise, because these fun desserts have a crispy gingersnap bottom topped with sweet, creamy cheesecake that’s seasoned like your favorite gingerbread. Molasses, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and cloves create great depth of flavor that’s perfect for the holidays (or honestly, anytime).
I love a delicious dessert that doesn’t take too much effort or fussing to prepare, so cheesecake cups are right up my alley! You’ll just drop baking cup liners into a standard-sized muffin tin, place a ginger snap cookie at the bottom, and mix together cream cheese yogurt, and a few other ingredients to pour on top. Then bake! The hardest part is waiting for them to cool and chill. You’d surely never guess these Gingerbread Cheesecake Cups are lightened up and just 112 calories or just 5 WW PersonalPoints! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
If you want to see more perfectly portioned sweet treats, check out my dessert category for favorites like Blueberry Cheesecake Mini Tarts, Baked Stuffed Apples, Banana Chocolate Wonton Bites, Pumpkin Pie Bites, Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake Cups, Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cups, Key Lime Cheesecake Cups, Mixed Berry Mini Tarts, Carrot Cake Cupcakes, Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries, Dark Chocolate Orange Cupcakes, Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts, Berries & Cream Cinnamon Dessert Cups and more!
Gingerbread Cheesecake Cups
- 12 ginger snap cookies
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 5.3 oz container of fat free vanilla Greek yogurt, I used Dannon Light & Fit
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 375. Place cupcake liners into 12 cups of a standard sized muffin/cupcake tin and place a ginger snap in the bottom of each liner.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, molasses, lemon juice, egg, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, and ground cloves and mix together using an electric mixer until smooth and well combined. Spoon the mixture evenly on top of the cookies in the prepared liners and spread flat with a spatula or the back or a spoon. Bake for 16-18 minutes and remove from oven to cool. Once the cheesecake cups have cooled to room temperature, transfer the cheesecake cups to the refrigerator and chill for at least one hour. Serve chilled.
3 per cheesecake cup (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Came back just to comment – these are absolutely amazing! I never make cheesecake but this is perfect because of the built-in portion control. Perfectly sweet and delicious! The also come together really easily. Thank you, Emily! I may just make them again this week.
Ginger for sweets or drinks alone is very good, especially if it is made into cake ingredients, it will be delicious. I’m curious to try the recipe, because it can be a beautiful meal idea with the family