These easy Breakfast Tostadas are so filling and flavorful, you’re going to want to eat them every day. Plus, they can be made in about 15 minutes, perfect for a weekday breakfast! I love a crispy, crunchy tostada, and it lends itself perfectly to breakfast. My version is topped with a thick layer of seasoned refried beans, hearty scrambled eggs, buttery avocado, juicy tomatoes and salsa, and a bright, acidic squeeze of lime over top. It’s a flavor explosion! I find one of these Breakfast Tostadas to be super filling for breakfast, even more so when paired with a side of fruit for something sweet. Additionally, this recipe is perfect for vegetarians, and though I am no expert in gluten-free cooking, I’m pretty sure it’s gluten free as well. Better still, each super satisfying tostada is just 173 calories or 4 Green, 2 Blue or 2 Purple WW (Weight Watchers) SmartPoints! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
I especially love that you can prep all the toppings for these Breakfast Tostadas while the tortillas are getting crunchy in the oven. This simultaneous prep makes the whole recipe come together super quickly and when the tortillas come out, the eggs and beans are warm and ready to go. You can also easily adjust the recipe to serve more or fewer people as needed by halving or doubling the ingredients. Feel free to get creative with the topping as well. I love these tostadas exactly as I posted (obviously), but feel free to make it your own by adding chopped bell peppers to your egg scramble, melting shredded cheese on top of your beans, scooping a dollop of sour cream on top, or whatever else strikes your fancy.
Looking for more tasty lightened up breakfast recipes? Check out my Bacon Broccoli Quiche, Banana Blueberry Muffins, Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Ultimate Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Triple Berry Yogurt Bowl, Sausage Apple Cheddar Frittata, Berry French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, Orange Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Singles, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Banana Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, and many more in the Breakfast section of my recipe index!
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas, (I use Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn Tortillas)
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fat free refried beans
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 2 oz peeled and sliced avocado
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes, sliced or chopped
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 4 lime wedges
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the tortillas on it in a single layer. Mist the tortillas with cooking spray and then flip each tortilla over and mist the other side. Place the tortillas in the preheated oven for 5 minutes*. When the 5 minutes is up, flip each tortilla over and put them back in for another 5 minutes until firm and crispy. *During the first 5 minutes the tortillas are cooking, I like to use the time to slice up my avocado, cherry tomatoes and cilantro so that the topping are ready to go. Once the tortillas are flipped and go back in the oven for the second five minutes, I prep the eggs and refried beans as follows.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water (I turn on my faucet and run the bowl under real quick). Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper as desired and then beat the eggs with a whisk. Mist a small skillet with cooking spray and bring over medium heat on the stovetop. Once hot, add the eggs and cook, pushing them around with a spatula, for a minute or two until fully cooked/scrambled.
- Place the refried beans into a microwavable bowl and microwave on high for about a minute until hot. Add the chili powder, garlic powder and cumin and stir to combine.
- When the tortillas come out of the oven, spread ¼ cup of the warm refried beans over the surface of each tortilla. Top the beans on each tostada with ¼ of the scrambled eggs and ½ ounce of the sliced avocado. Add the tomatoes and a tablespoon of salsa and then squeeze a lime wedge over the top. Sprinkle with cilantro if using and serve warm.
4 per tostada (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Adapted from Cookie and Kate and Peas and Crayons
I made these this morning, really liked the seasoning in the refried beans. I only had flour tortillas, and I should have pricked them with a fork or something because they really puffed up, but they were delicious anyway! Thanks for the recipe.
We’ve made these breakfast tostadas the past two weekends and they are a winner! Love all the textures and flavors!