Banana Blueberry Muffins
Drop what you’re doing, because you’re going to want to make these easy Banana Blueberry Muffins right away! You may already have all the ingredients needed in your kitchen. I originally made these as a fun breakfast I thought my 11-month-old would enjoy, but I definitely ended up eating way more of them than she did (though she definitely ate some too). They’re so good! I can’t stop making them. My whole house smells amazing while they’re in the oven and I love the fluffy texture, lightly sweet banana flavor and the juicy bursts of blueberries throughout. These Banana Blueberry muffins are perfect as part of a healthy breakfast or as a snack, and each muffin is just 141 calories or 4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints!
I drastically reduced the sugar in this recipe, and I think the results are actually the perfect amount of sweet. Bananas are naturally sweet, just make sure you use ripe ones (not green ones!) and they should add tons of flavor to your muffins!
Looking for more sweet or savory lightened up breakfast recipes? Check out my Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Ultimate Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, Triple Berry Yogurt Bowl, Banana Bread, Sausage Apple Cheddar Frittata, Berry French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, Orange Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Singles, Pear Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal Singles, Apple Streusel French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Pumpkin Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, and many more in the Breakfast section of my recipe index!
Banana Blueberry Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed smooth with a fork
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons light butter, melted (I use Land O’Lakes)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375. Mist 12 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine the mashed bananas, egg, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and stir together with a fork until thoroughly mixed. Pour in the melted butter and stir until combined. Add the blueberries and stir to mix in.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir together until combined into a batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes until the muffins are baked through and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints:
4 per muffin (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
4 per muffin (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information per muffin:
141 calories, 26 g carbs, 11 g sugars, 3 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
adapted from Genius Kitchen