Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Fall is just around the corner and these Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are the perfect autumn breakfast! Apples and cinnamon are one of my favorite flavor combinations any time of year, but it seems especially good in the sweater-weather months when the air is crisp and the leaves are turning! These Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are super simple to make and you can easily double the recipe to accommodate a larger family. If you want to give your family options, you can even make them alongside a batch of Blueberry Pancakes, Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes, or Banana Silver Dollar Pancakes. Plus, a two-pancake serving is only 156 calories or 4 WW SmartPoints on the Green, Blue or Purple myWW plans!
Looking for more tasty, lightened up breakfast recipes? Check out my Bacon Sausage Egg and Cheese Braid, Apple Streusel French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Maple Bacon Breakfast Wraps, Pear Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal Singles, Bubble Up Breakfast Casserole, Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Singles, Hummus and Feta Omelet, Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes, Sausage Egg and Cheese Hash Brown Cups and many more in the breakfast category of my recipe index!
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Yield: 3 (2 pancakes) servings
- 2/3 cup peeled and chopped apples
- 1 large egg
- 1 (5.3 oz) container vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt (I used Dannon Light & Fit Greek)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur Flour, you can use all purpose flour, this is just a preference)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the apples in a bowl and microwave on high for about a minute until softened but not mushy. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, honey and applesauce and stir until smooth and well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and stir again until smooth and well combined. Add the microwaved apples from step one and gently mix them into the batter.
- Mist a griddle pan with cooking spray and bring it over medium heat. Scoop a scant ¼ cup of batter onto the heated pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth it out into a flat(ish) circle. Repeat in batches (depending on how many pancakes fir on your pan at once) to form 6 pancakes. Cook on one side for 2-4 minutes until bottom is golden and pancake is “flippable.” If the batter is not firm on the bottom yet it needs more time. Once flipped cook another 1-2 minutes until golden on the other side as well. Repeat until you have 6 pancakes (pancakes in later batches will likely cook in less time).
Optional Topping: I like to slice up additional apples, sprinkle them with cinnamon and microwave them for a minute or so to put on top of my pancakes, sometimes with a little butter or sugar free/light syrup (not included in the nutrition info/points)
MyWW SmartPoints per (2 pancakes) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 4 SmartPoints/ Blue: 4 SmartPoints/ Purple: 4 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
4 per (2 pancakes) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per (2 pancakes) serving:
156 calories, 25 g carbs, 11 g sugars, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 9 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original