Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
Now, this is a Spring recipe! The bright flavors of fresh lemon and sweet strawberries practically cause birds to chirp and flowers to bloom singlehandedly. Okay, that may be an exaggeration, but it certainly tastes like Springtime in your mouth. These Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes are a cinch to put together and would make a perfect Sunday brunch treat (I suggest making these for Mother’s Day this weekend!) or a wonderful weeknight “breakfast for dinner.”
Though I included nutrition information and Weight Watchers points information for bare pancakes as well, I highly recommend serving these with the sweet strawberry topping. It all tastes so good together! I also tossed a few blueberries on my plate for color because I had them on hand and they were delicious as well. I served the Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with a side of Oscar Mayer turkey bacon (my favorite kind) and it was a very filling and complete meal. Now you can make your pancakes and eat them too! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- 5.3 oz container of lemon flavored non-fat Greek yogurt, I use Oikos
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- zest from one large lemon
- ½ cup of white whole wheat flour, you can use all-purpose or wheat, this is just my preference
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Optional (for strawberry topping):
- 8 medium strawberries, sliced
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, egg, honey and lemon zest and stir until thoroughly combined. Add the flour, baking soda and poppy seeds and stir until batter is mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine sliced strawberries, lemon juice and powdered sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Lightly mist a griddle pan with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. Scoop ¼ cup of batter onto the heated pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth it out into a flat circle. Repeat in batches (depending on how many pancakes fir on your pan at once) to form 6 pancakes. Cook on one side for 2-4 minutes until bottom is golden and pancake is “flappable.” If the batter is not firm on the bottom yet it needs more time. Once flipped cook another 1-2 minutes until golden on the other side as well. Repeat until you have 6 pancakes. Each serving is 2 pancakes with 1/3 of the strawberry topping.
5 per (2 pancake + 1/3 strawberry topping) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) adapted from the Greek Yogurt Pancakes at Family Fresh Meals
These look SO good! Perfect for a spring breakfast 🙂
Thank you for sharing this information. The information was very helpful and saved a lot of my time.
I cannot WAIT to try these! There’s this place in Austin called Kerbey Lane Cafe that serves these with a homemade lemon glaze every spring and since I’ve moved away I’ve been devastated that I can’t go in and grab them whenever I want. But now I’ll have a skinny alternative! 🙂 Thank you, thank you, thank you! I think I’m going to make these for mother’s day tomorrow morning and see how they turn out!
My DD requested pancakes for her birthday breakfast, so I made these this morning. She loved them! Thank you 🙂
Yum yum yum! I just made these and thought I was in heaven! So easy and delicious. I will definitely make these at the next big family breakfast!
Just a smile and the rain is gone Can hardly believe it, yeah. There’s an angel standing next to me. Reaching for my heart Just a smile and there’s no way back
Just a smile and the rain is gone Can hardly believe it, yeah. There’s an angel standing next to me
Look very delicious! I like it! The instructions in your post very useful with me! Thanks your post!
Thank you for making my party successful! The idea is great and quite simple. Have more meaningful posts to share with everyone.
Very helpful advice in this particular post! It’s the little changes that make the largest changes. Thanks for sharing!
I appreciate that you for the great post.
I like this post thanks a lot for share
Thank you for that information you article.
Thank you for that information you article
Realy lovey pancake.
Thank you for providing the requested information
Wonderful post i am looking for this one it is very good.
Thank you so much for the post thank you so much
Thank you so much for the post thank you so much.it is very wonderful blog
Nice blog thanks for this post
Lovely blog thanks for this type of content
Thanks for this awesome article to share with us.
Lovely content thanks for sharing.
awesome blog thanks
Grateful Content Keep Going Always…
Wow, The informative stuff you provide us is incredible, Thankyou just keep going.
Great blog thank you so much for this one
Recipe in Hindi is a website that provides information about cooking recipes with easy step-by-step instructions. This site provides everything from different types of Maharashtrian dishes to North Indian and South Indian dishes.
Wonderful blog thank you
best content thanks for blog
good content thanks
Wonderful blog thanks for this
The article is very well written.
Connect with the trusted and compassionate Dentist Ajax which are serving dental care since 2011 in Canada. We take all preventive measures for the customers. Book an appointment online or visit clinic.
Pretty! This was a really wonderful article
I am tired of sleeping alone, you are the one who makes me sleep in your arms. My partner should be such who can calm the fire of my youth and satisfy me.
Thanks for sharing, I love lemon poppy seed pancakes.
lemon puppy seeds are good taste
Wow It Was Good
Thank you again for all the knowledge which you spread.
very good blog thank you share
Awesome Information!!! Thanks to Admin for sharing this. I visited many pages of your website. Really your Blog is Awesome. Keep Sharing such good Stories. Thanks.