Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
These Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins combine the flavors of zucchini bread with pumpkin for a fun fall twist! My family loved these muffins, especially my two year old. If you’re looking for a way to add veggies to a little one’s diet (or a picky adult…no judgement here) without them noticing, these muffins can help! The canned pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice blend give these muffins rich autumn flavor and also make them smell amazing while baking. Plus, they’re a perfect recipe for early fall if you’re trying to use up zucchini from your garden but you’re ready for pumpkin spice season to begin. These Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins make a great snack or breakfast, and each one is just 113 calories, or 4 WW SmartPoints on the Green, Blue and Purple plans. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
I love how easily these Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins come together, and they’re great to bake once and eat all week. I’ve also frozen them very successfully by just wrapping each one in plastic wrap once they’re completely cool and putting them in a Ziploc freezer bag. You can either defrost them to room temp or heat them up in the microwave before eating.
Looking for more tasty lightened up breakfast recipes? Check out my Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes, Banana Blueberry Muffins, Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Strawberry Almond Cream Pancakes, Ultimate Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, Carrot Muffins, Triple Berry Yogurt Bowl, Banana Bread, Sausage Apple Cheddar Frittata, Berry French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, Pear Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal Singles, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Pumpkin Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, and many more in the Breakfast section of my recipe index!
Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons light butter, melted (I use Land O’Lakes light stick butter)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, I use the largest holed side of my box grater
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly mist a 12 count standard-sized muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the egg, pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla and stir together until well combined. Add the melted butter and stir until well combined. Add the shredded zucchini and stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and stir until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together until combined into a batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly amongst the wells in the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
113 calories, 19 g carbs, 6 g sugars, 3 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER (1 MUFFIN) SERVING: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Green: 4 SmartPoints/ Blue: 4 SmartPoints/ Purple: 4 SmartPoints Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per (1 muffin) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)