Bacon Broccoli Quiche
This simple Bacon Broccoli Quiche is easy to make and a tasty, satisfying dish for breakfast or brunch. I almost always have eggs, cheddar cheese, bacon, and broccoli on hand, so by adding a pack of frozen pie crusts to my shopping list I’m ready for quiche anytime! I actually adapted this recipe from The Disney Princess Cookbook (affiliate link), which my toddler got for Christmas. She has a blast helping me make it, and we all enjoy the finished product! Even though this quiche was originally made for the Beast, to me it feels like a fancy breakfast. I like to serve it with a side of fruit salad for a complete sweet and savory meal. Not only is this Bacon Broccoli Quiche delicious and incredibly easy to make, each slice is just 164 calories or 5 WW (Weight Watchers) Points! To view your current WW Points for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Looking for more tasty lightened up breakfast recipes? Check out my Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes, Carrot Muffins, French Toast Sticks, Breakfast Wonton Cups, Banana Blueberry Muffins, Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Strawberry Almond Cream Pancakes, Ultimate Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, Triple Berry Yogurt Bowl, Banana Bread, Sausage Apple Cheddar Frittata, Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, Orange Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Singles, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Banana Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, and many more in the Breakfast section of my recipe index!
Bacon Broccoli Quiche
- 4 slices center cut bacon, (I used Wegmans brand)
- 9 inch frozen pie crust in a tin, regular not deep-dish (such as Pillsbury Pet-Ritz)
- 3 ounces 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I use Cabot brand)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a heavy baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Cook the bacon according to package directions. Allow to drain on paper towels and then chop or crumble into smaller pieces.
- Place the frozen pie crust on the baking sheet and use strips of aluminum foil to loosely cover the outside edges of the crust. Since the outer edges won’t be covered with filling, you do this so that they won’t brown too quickly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese across the bottom of the pie crust and top with the bacon pieces. Place the broccoli florets in a bowl and cover with a damp paper towel. Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on high for about 90 seconds. Allow to cool for a minute or two and then spread the broccoli florets on top of the other ingredients in the pie crust.
- Place the eggs, milk, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl and whisk together until beaten. Pour this mixture over the other ingredients in the pie crust.
- Place the baking sheet with the quiche on it into the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 425. Remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Remove the strips of aluminum foil from the edges of the pie crust and place back in the oven. Bake for another 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Cut into 8 slices and serve.
4 per (1 slice = 1/8th of the quiche) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) *If you’d like a larger serving, 1/6th of the quiche is 7 Green / 6 Blue / 6 Purple WW SmartPoints Adapted from The Disney Princess Cookbook