Breakfast Wonton Cups
These Breakfast Wonton Cups are fully loaded with bacon, eggs, sausage and cheese – all your savory breakfast favorites! The tasty filling is loaded up in double decker wonton cups and baked until the outsides are crispy. The results are so delicious, I was fighting my husband for the leftovers! To make these, you’ll mix up a batch of my favorite breakfast sausage seasoning and mix it into ground turkey breast to create your own super lean, super flavorful turkey sausage. Along with crispy center cut bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs, and gooey melted cheddar, these Breakfast Wonton Cups hit all the right notes. I love making wonton cups in all different flavor varieties, so it’s about time I started eating them for breakfast! Not only are these easy to make and totally delicious, each breakfast wonton cup is just 102 calories, 8 grams of carbs, or 3 Green, 2 Blue or 2 Purple Weight Watchers/WW SmartPoints. Perfect with a side of fruit!
Looking for more of my tasty wonton cup recipes? Check out my Asian Chicken Wonton Cups, Chili Wonton Cups, Pizza Wonton Cups, Chicken Bacon Ranch Wonton Cups, Mixed Berry Mini Tarts, Reuben Wonton Cups, Chicken Cordon Bleu Wonton Cups, Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts, Chicken Pesto Wonton Cups, Chicken Parmesan Wonton Cups, French Dip Wonton Cups, Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups, Taco Wonton Cups, and so many more in the wonton ingredient listing in my recipe index!
Breakfast Wonton Cups
Yield: 12 wonton cups
- 4 slices center cut bacon
- ½ lb (8 oz) uncooked 99% lean ground turkey breast
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/3 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/3 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 large eggs
- 3 oz shredded 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided (I used Cabot)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly mist a 12 count standard-sized muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook the bacon slices according to package directions until crisp and then set aside on paper towels to drain. Crumble 3 slices of the bacon into a mixing bowl and the crumble the remaining slice into a separate pile.
- Place the ground turkey in a separate mixing bowl and add ¼ teaspoon of the salt, ¼ teaspoon of the black pepper, the sage, the thyme, the marjoram, and the crushed red pepper. Mash/stir together with a fork or your hands until well combined (this step added sausage seasoning to the ground turkey).
- Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. Cook the seasoned ground turkey, breaking it up into small chunks, until cooked through. Transfer the cooked turkey into the mixing bowl with the crumbled bacon. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel.
- Combine the eggs and remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper and add a splash of water (I usually quickly woosh it under tap water). Use a whisk to beat the eggs. Mist the skillet with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and cook, pushing them around with a spatula to scramble, for a few minutes until cooked through. Use the spatula to break the scrambled eggs up into small chunks. Transfer the eggs to the mixing bowl holding the bacon and turkey sausage. Add 2 ounces of the shredded cheese to the bowl and stir together until mixed.
- Push a wonton wrapper into each well of the muffin tin, forming a “cup.” Place the tin in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp the wontons. Remove from the oven and fill the wonton cups with half of the filling mixture, divided evenly amongst the cups. Press a second wonton wrapper over the filling into each cup to form a second layer cup. Divide the remaining filling amongst the cups. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining ounce of shredded cheddar and pile of crumbled bacon. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the wonton edges are crisp and golden.
MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER wonton cup: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 3* SmartPoints/ Blue: 2 SmartPoints/ Purple: 2 SmartPoints
*One breakfast wonton cup is 3 SP on Green, but you can have two breakfast cups for 5 SP on Green!
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per wonton cup (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information per wonton cup:
102 calories, 8 g carbs, 0 g sugars, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 10 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original