Mixed Berry Mini Tarts
I’m not going to beat around the bush, you need to make these Mixed Berry Mini Tarts. You just do. They’re like the little two-bite pies of my dreams. They’re super easy to make, come together in around 20 minutes, and the warm, gooey berry pie filling nestled in a crispy wonton shell is going to make your taste buds very happy. I have been craving pie lately (Pi day was yesterday and all) and these little Mixed Berry Mini Tarts gave me just what I wanted. Better yet, these are only 39 calories or 1 Weight Watchers SmartPoints each on myWW Green, Blue or Purple. A dessert for just 1 SP? That’s what I’m telling you! You can also easily halve this recipe to make 12 mini tarts if you prefer. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
I used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and the flavors were absolutely perfect, but feel free to mix in blackberries or rhubarb or whatever else you like in your berry pies. I based this recipe off my popular Mini Apple Cinnamon Tarts, so if apple pie is your thing, check out that recipe as well!
Mixed Berry Mini Tarts
- 24 wonton wrappers, usually found in the produce section
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon light butter, I use Land O’Lakes
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ cup hot water
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 24 cups in a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- On a cutting sheet, a sheet of parchment paper or a clean, dry surface, lay out the wonton wrappers. Lightly mist the wrappers with cooking spray and then sprinkle with half of the powdered sugar. Flip each wrapper over and mist these sides with cooking spray as well. Sprinkle the remaining powdered sugar over the top so that both sides are sugared. Push each wonton wrapper into a slot of the mini muffin tray to form a cup. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes until brown and crispy.
- While the wonton cups are baking, bring the butter to medium heat in a medium saucepan until melted. Add the berries and stir to coat. Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small dish, combine the corn starch and hot water and stir together until well combined. Pour the sugar and the corn starch slurry over the berries and stir to combine. Place the cover on your saucepan and once the mixture is bubbling (shouldn’t take long), reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Spoon the berry mixture evenly into the baked wonton cups and return them to the oven for another 3-5 minutes.
1 per mini tart (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)