Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts
Is there anything like the smell of warm apples and cinnamon wafting from your oven or stovetop to make it feel like Fall? If you’ve been craving a lighter way to get the flavors of hot apple pie and you want your kitchen to smell like a slice of Heaven, then these Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts are for you!
The wonton wrappers are coated in cinnamon and sugar and get crispy in the oven for a satisfying crunch. They’re then filled with warm, gooey, homemade apple pie filling that oozes out with every bite. The best part is that these treats come together quickly and each tart is only 45 calories or 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on all three myWW color plans! I brought these to a girls’ night with some friends this weekend and they were a huge hit. Bring them to your own Fall gatherings and watch them disappear!
Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts
- 24 wonton wrappers, usually found in the produce section
- 6 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon light butter, I use Land O’Lakes
- 3 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 24 cups in a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside. In a small dish, mix together 10 teaspoons (3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon) of sugar and two teaspoons of cinnamon.
- On a sheet of parchment paper or a clean surface, lay out the wonton wrappers. Lightly mist the wrappers with cooking spray and then sprinkle each with ¼ teaspoon of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Flip each wrapper over and mist these sides with cooking spray as well. Sprinkle each with another ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon sugar mixture so that both sides are coated. Push each wonton wrapper into a slot of the muffin tray to form a cup. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes until brown and crispy.
- While the wonton cups are baking, bring the butter to medium heat in a medium saucepan until melted. Add the apples and stir to coat. Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small dish, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon with the cornstarch and stir together. Pour this mixture and the water over the apples and stir to combine. Place the cover on your saucepan and once the mixture is bubbling (shouldn’t take long), reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes until the mixture thickens and the apples are tender, but not mushy.
- Spoon the apple mixture evenly into the baked wonton cups and return them to the oven for another 3-5 minutes.
1 per mini tart (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Nutrition Information per mini tart: 45 calories, 10 g carbs, 5 g sugars, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 1 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)