Cheddar Apple Bacon Grilled Cheese
There’s a reason many New Englanders put cheddar on their apple pie. It’s because sharp cheddar cheese and sweet apples is a downright delectable flavor combination. Add some salty, smoky bacon and sandwich it all between two slices of buttery grilled bread, and you’ve got quite the swoon-worthy sandwich in your hands.
This Cheddar Apple Bacon Grilled Cheese sandwich is super fast and easy to make and perfect comfort food for just over 300 calories! I used a grill pan skillet to get the pretty grill marks on my sandwich, but a flat skillet will work perfectly well. If you want to bulk the sandwich up even further and you’ve got extra points or some calories to spare, you can even add some sliced deli turkey and make this a turkey melt! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Cheddar Apple Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 2 tablespoons light butter, I used Land O’ Lakes Light Butter Spread with Canola Oil
- 4 slices light wheat bread, I used Pepperidge Farm Light Style Wheat
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, sliced thin or shredded (I used Cabot Seriously Sharp)
- ½ medium apple, sliced thin
- 4 slices center cut bacon, cooked crisp
- Butter one side of each piece of bread with ½ tablespoon of butter each. Place two slices butter side down on a skillet. Spread the cheddar cheese over the surface of the bread (I like to reserve a little to sprinkle on top of the sandwich filling before placing the top bread on – it helps the sandwich hold together when cooked). Top with the apple slices and cris-cross the bacon over top. Place the reserved slices of bread, butter side up, on top of each sandwich.
- Bring the skillet over medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes until golden on the bottom. Flip the sandwiches (carefully!) and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden on both sides.
8 per sandwich (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Oh my goodness this looks amazing! Love the cheesy, apple and bacon combo! Yum!
OMGOSH, I am sooooo wanting this right now. Hunger just took over me, this looks yum!
Now this is the perfect grilled cheese! I bet the flavors are perfectly balanced and I love the addition of apple!
This makes me crave grilled cheese! Apple, bacon and cheese – how can I say no!
I have always wondered about the cheddar and apple pie combo. I will try that one day just to see what the fuss is about. This grilled cheese would be a big hit at my house. 🙂
I just ate and how I’m hungry again- what a great combination or flavors!
I am going to make this for lunch. Yum!
What a perfect lunch – tons of flavor and good for you!
Hi Emily, LOVE your recipes:) Just a question…..what is center cut bacon? I have looked at the packages at the store and don’t see it mentioned anywhere.
Thanks, Paula! Center Cut Bacon is a leaner cut of bacon that has less fat than normal slices but tastes just as good (or better in my opinion). Most of the major brands sell it as does my grocery store brand. Here’s a link to the Oscar Meyer kind: http://www.kraftbrands.com/oscarmayer/bacon/original-center-cut.html. If you can’t find it you can always use turkey bacon. 🙂
Would the points plus change for this recipe if I used turkey bacon instead?? Thanks!!
I make these all the time and they never disappoint! So easy, and I always seem to have everything on hand too!
Why have regular grilled cheese when you can add bacon and apple?!
This is amazing! But I did make a few changes: I didn’t need to use butter to get grill marks.. I just put it in a George Foreman for 6 minutes. It’s nonstick and slid right off on to my plate 🙂 Since I saved calories on the butter I made a Honey Dijon dipping sauce for the sandwich.
This cheddar apple bacon grilled cheese is so beautiful! I love it.