Chicken Cordon Bleu Wonton Cupcakes
Since my Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake is one of my favorite recipes and you all love it when I post a new wonton cupcake, I thought it might be time for a mashup of the two. I’m so happy with these Chicken Cordon Bleu Wonton Cupcakes because they’re hearty, super cheesy, full of flavor and I love the bit of crunch from the croutons and the tops of the wontons. The Laughing Cow cheese wedges give an instant creamy texture with minimal work and the crouton topping is used to mimic the breading that usually coats the chicken in traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
This is an easy meal to throw together quickly on a weeknight and it’s sure to please your family and friends. It’s also a great way to use up extra cooked chicken or deli meat. I used grilled chicken, but shredded, rotisserie or almost any other type would work well. Don’t forget to check out my Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken post- the perfect way to make shredded chicken for this recipe! The leftovers are also great to pack for easy weekday lunches.
Looking for more ways to use wonton wrappers? I’ve got you covered! Check out my recipes for Chicken Parmesan Wonton Cupcakes, Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts, Taco Cupcakes, French Dip Cupcakes, Berries and Cream Cinnamon Dessert Cups, Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes, Cheeseburger Cupcakes, Lasagna Cupcakes and more!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Wonton Cupcakes
- 12 oz (2 ½ cups) cooked diced or shredded chicken breast, (I used grilled and diced)
- 3 oz thinly sliced deli ham, chopped (I used Hillshire Farm Deli Select Ultra Thin Brown Sugar Ham)
- 8 wedges of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Wedges, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard, I used French’s Yellow Mustard
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 6 slices 2% Swiss Cheese, each cut into 4 equal pieces
- 0.75 oz seasoned croutons, crushed (I just put mine in a baggie and smushed them by hand until I had some chunks and some crumbs)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 12 cups in a standard muffin/cupcake tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine the chicken, ham, chopped cheese wedges and mustard and stir together. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat on high for 1 ½ minutes until contents are warm. Use a spoon to mix contents and smush the cheese wedges until they’ve coated the meat.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the chicken mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Place one of the 2% Swiss pieces on top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining chicken mixture and 2% Swiss cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the oven. Sprinkle the crushed croutons evenly on top of each cup and return the pan to the oven for another 8-10 minutes until the wontons are golden brown and the contents are heated through.
4 per “cupcake” (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
I love your cupcake recipes. My husband HATES the wonton wrapers… Is there somethinge else I could use?
Teressa, I haven’t tried this recipe, but I’m wondering why you couldn’t use Ole Xtreme Wellness High fiber low carb tortilla wrap (8 inch) they are 1 point each, With the layering I think you could cut it in half and use the two halves to layer. I recently tried a recipe using the same tortilla as noodles in a pasta like casserole. Chef I am not, but sounds to me like it would work.
Tried this tonight and really enjoyed it. My husband and I love your cupcake recipes and will make this one again! My husbands favorite is the enchilada cupcakes but he said this one was up there too! Thanks for the easy dinner ideas!
My husband and I shared an order of Reuben egg rolls at a restaurant the other day and as I was eating them, I was thinking about trying to make them into cupcakes. I know, corned beef is not the healthiest, but these were DELICIOUS! Oh and I love all of your cupcake recipes so far, too!
I am so excited to try this recipe but I have a mustard allergy. Any suggestions on what I can use as a substitute for the mustard?
You can probably just omit the mustard. I only added it to sharpen up the flavor a bit, but it’s not necessary 🙂
Awesome! Thank you!!
Could this be made the same way in 9 X 13 pan versus the wonton wrappers? I cannt convince my Hubs to try to wraps 🙁 but he does love some chicken cordon bleu.
Hm, I don’t think that would work out too well. This recipe is really designed to go in the wonton cups! I would suggest making him my Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake instead – it’s one of my favorites!
Hi Emily: my mom made these for a luncheon today and we experimented with a mini muffin tin. Have you ever tried that? Just cut wontons in 4 and bake for slightly shorter time. So cute and yummy! Will be making as appetizer for upcoming holiday party.
Absolutely amazing! Light yet filling and perfect for WW. Very easy to make, which I loved! My husband enjoyed them as well.
I love all of your wonton recipes! Have you thought of making a bbq chicken pizza one?
Can all of your recipes be made ahead frozen and then defrosted and reheated
The recipe as is is too dry. So I’ve made a couple modifications. After throwing it in the microwave, I put a 500ml container of sour cream into it. Also, instead of croutons, I melt some butter and mix in Panko bread crumbs. Absolutely fabulous.