Chicken Bacon Ranch Wonton Cupcakes
Chicken, bacon and ranch is a beloved flavor combination known to be a comfort food classic, so I was excited to lighten it up into these Chicken Bacon Ranch Wonton Cupcakes. I’m not even a huge ranch fan, but I loved these. They taste so decadent you will never believe they’re only 152 calories or 4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints each on myWW Green, Blue and Purple. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here! These crispy wonton cups are bursting with seasoned chicken, crisp bacon, creamy ranch dressing and sharp cheddar cheese. Tell me you’re not drooling just thinking about it. I won’t believe you!
Not only are these Chicken Bacon Ranch Wonton Cupcakes sinfully delicious and surprisingly light, they’re also really easy to make and they come together quickly, so they’re a perfect weeknight meal. I like to have two wonton cupcakes with a veggie side dish and at that point I’m usually full, but I can grab a third if I’m still hungry. I love that kind of easy portion control!
Looking for more ways to use wonton wrappers? I’ve got you covered! Check out my recipes for Chicken Parmesan Wonton Cupcakes, Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts, Taco Cupcakes, French Dip Cupcakes, Berries and Cream Cinnamon Dessert Cups, Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes, Cheeseburger Cupcakes, Lasagna Cupcakes and many more!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Wonton Cupcakes
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning, I used Hidden Valley
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 slices center cut bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- ¾ cup yogurt-based ranch dressing, such as Bolthouse Farms
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 4 oz 2% shredded sharp cheddar
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 12 cups in a standard muffin/cupcake tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the uncooked chicken strips into a Ziploc bag and sprinkle with the ranch seasoning. Seal the bag and shake/massage until the chicken is coated with the seasoning.
- Bring the canola oil over medium heat in a medium sized skillet. When the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and stir them around to coat with oil. Arrange them into a single layer and cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the chicken strips are cooked through. Remove the chicken to a cutting board and chop into small pieces.
- Place the chopped chicken into a mixing bowl and stir in the chopped bacon and ranch dressing until well combined.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the chicken mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half of the shredded cheddar evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining chicken mixture and shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the wontons are golden brown and the contents are heated through. Remove the muffin tin from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the tin.
4 per cupcake (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
I would never be able to tell that these were lightened up! I am going to make them next time I need a savory appetizer.
Yay! I’m happy you loved them!
Do you ever make any of your wonton recipes ahead of time and freeze them? These were amazing! We are huge fans of your wonton recipes!
I never do (I don’t freeze anything), but I know tons of my readers have successfully frozen them 🙂
These look so good! I can’t wait to try them.
I hope you love them!
I’m old school…do you have a cookbook in print? Would love to get one.
I don’t, but I’d love to do one someday 🙂
Made these tonight. They are fantastic!
I enlisted my 12 year old daughter to help make these tonight because she loves to get in the kitchen. She loved making them and loved eating them even more! We all loved them-even my picky 10 year old. Thanks for another great recipe!
I’m so glad it was a hit! 🙂
Do these reheat well? With only 2 in my household, there would definitely be leftovers.
I’ve made an EB recipe every night this week. I made the taco cupcakes last night and these tonight so we didn’t waste the wrappers. Your videos on IG inspired me. So good! Hubby and my toddler loves both. Thanks a ton for your hard work. We appreciate it.
Is fat free cheese ok to use or is the 2% better?
To be 100% honest with you, I personally think most fat free cheese is gross and it doesn’t melt well, but if you like it then you can definitely use it!
I just found your blog and I was wondering if I could use ground chicken to save a few steps. Also, what is the best way to freeze and reheat? I live alone so freezer meals are great for me.
What would you serve as a side dish with these if they were a “main dish” for your dinner?
Probably a salad or some roasted veggies. We love to roast broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, anything really!
Made these yesterday & they are delicious!
I just made these. They are so amazing. I will make these again.
I love making these ahead for lunches. How long do you think they will keep in the fridge?
your picture is showing you used more than one wonton in each cup but in the recipe you don’t tell that you say a wonton wrapper…which one is it cause we are making these tomorrow
This one was awesome, some buffalo sauce really takes it next level. Would be an excellent item to bring to a potluck or sports viewing party.
Is the serving size one cup?