Reuben Wonton Cupcakes
I’ve gotten a lot of requests for a Reuben Wonton Cupcakes recipe over the years, and I’m happy to finally deliver. I don’t order Reubens out a lot because I’m not a huge sauerkraut fan, but the nice thing about making these at home is that I could go light on the kraut, just how I like it. It seems like everyone wants their Reuben a little different anyway. My husband ate these dipped in extra Thousand Island dressing, and I’m sure some of you will want to top yours with extra sauerkraut. The best part is that you can edit the ratios to fit your preferences, but however you tweak it you’ll be getting all the Reuben flavors you love (corned beef, nutty Swiss cheese, creamy Thousand Island dressing and tangy sauerkraut) layered into these wonton cups for just 113 calories or 3 Weight Watchers points each!
I want to give a shout out to one of my Weight Watchers Instagram friends who was the most recent person to suggest I post a recipe for Reuben Wonton Cupcakes, liss.nelson! Thanks for the nudge, girl! If we aren’t friends on Instagram yet, come follow me! IG is my favorite social network right now. I feel like I am able to interact so much more personally with people and I love sharing some of my life on there in addition to recipes. Plus there is a great community of healthy eaters, Weight Watchers and foodies on Instagram with so many clever meal ideas. If you’re not on there, what are you waiting for? Come join me!
Looking for more ways to use wonton wrappers? I’ve got you covered! Check out my recipes for Chicken Parmesan Wonton Cupcakes, Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts, Taco Cupcakes, French Dip Cupcakes, Berries and Cream Cinnamon Dessert Cups, Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes, Cheeseburger Cupcakes, Lasagna Cupcakes and more!
Reuben Wonton Cupcakes
Yield: 12 wonton cups
- 12 oz deli sliced corned beef, diced (I used Wegmans 97% fat free)
- 4 wedges of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Wedges, chopped
- 1/3 cup light Thousand Island dressing (I used Kraft)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- ¼ cup sauerkraut
- 6 slices 2% Swiss Cheese, each cut into 4 equal pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 12 cups in a standard muffin/cupcake tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine the corned beef and chopped cheese wedges and stir together. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat on high for 1 ½ minutes until contents are warm. Use a spoon to mix contents and smush the cheese wedges until they’ve coated the meat. Mix in the Thousand Island dressing.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the corned beef mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Spread a teaspoon of sauerkraut over the meat and place one of the 2% Swiss pieces on top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining corned beef mixture and 2% Swiss cheese (if you like a lot of sauerkraut, feel free to add a second layer of that as well).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the wontons are golden brown and the contents are heated through.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
3 per “cupcake” (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per “cupcake” (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
113 calories, 10 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 11 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original