Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Bake
This Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Bake is one of my ultimate comfort food recipes. I’ve always called this “Company Chicken” because my mom likes to make it on holidays or when we have company. It reminds me of home and my whole family being together. Even the smell coming out of the oven while it’s baking makes me feel at home. I’ve been meaning to lighten this recipe up for my blog for a really long time and I’m so glad it finally made it to the top of the list. I’m happy to say I managed to shave off some fat and calories while keeping all the delicious textures and flavors that make this dish special: juicy chicken breasts covered in Swiss cheese and smothered in creamy sauce topped with crunchy, buttery stuffing. I even served it with green beans because my mom usually does. She doesn’t even like green beans much, but she knows they’re one of my favorite vegetables, so she does it for me. She’s a really great mom that way! Food can often evoke certain memories and feelings and to me this dish has comfort written all over it. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Looking for more comfort food casseroles like this Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Bake? Check out my Chicken and Dumplings Casserole, Chicken Divan, Deep Dish Taco Casserole, Bubble Up Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Chickpea Bake, Spinach and Chicken Phyllo Bake, Bubble Up BBQ Chicken and Beans Bake, Meat and Potatoes Bake, Cottage Pie, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Potato Bake, Chili Cornbread Bake, and many more in the Casseroles category of my recipe index!
Cheesy Chicken & Stuffing Bake
- 8 (4 oz each) thin boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets , (2 lbs total)
- 6 slices 2% reduced fat Swiss cheese
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 (10.75 oz) can of Campbell’s 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 6 oz box of chicken flavored stuffing mix, such as Stove Top
- 4 tablespoons light butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer across the bottom of the baking dish. Tear the cheese slices into pieces and use them to cover the breasts.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the milk and cream of chicken soup until combined. Pour over the top of the chicken.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together the stuffing mix and melted butter until the stuffing is coated. Sprinkle the stuffing mix over the tops of the chicken.
- Place in the oven and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.
7 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)