Deep Dish Taco Casserole
Switch up your taco night with this easy, hearty Deep Dish Taco Casserole! Each big, satisfying serving is full of flavor with seasoned ground turkey, black beans, chilies and corn in a savory sauce topped with melted cheese, crisp lettuce and juicy tomatoes, all nestled in a pizza crust. What more could you ask for? Not only is this recipe flavorful and filling, a large serving is just 362 calories or 7 WW Points! I love how quickly this recipe comes together, it’s perfect for weeknight dinners! To view your current WW Points for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Looking for more lightened up comfort food bakes like this Deep Dish Taco Casserole? Check out my Chicken Divan, One-Pot Spicy Dirty Rice with Chicken and Sausage, Bubble Up BBQ Chicken and Beans Bake, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Chickpea Bake, Meat and Potatoes Bake, Spinach and Chicken Phyllo Bake, Bubble Up Chicken Alfredo Bake, Cottage Pie, One-Pot Cincinnati Chili Spaghetti Bake, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Potato Bake, Chili Cornbread Bake, Bubble Up Pizza Casserole, Layered Chicken Enchilada Bake, Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Casserole, Eggplant Parmesan Casserole, Bubble Up Chicken Pot Pie Casserole, Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake, Deep Dish Sloppy Joe Casserole and many more in the Casseroles section of my recipe index!
Deep Dish Taco Casserole
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey breast
- ¾ cup frozen corn kernels
- ¾ cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chilies
- 1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons taco sauce, I used Ortega medium heat, but feel free to use mild or hot
- 1 (11 oz) can refrigerated pizza crust dough, I used Pillsbury Thin Crust
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded (I used Cabot)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes, I used cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mist a large skillet or saute pan with cooking spray and bring to medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey to the skillet and cook, breaking up into small bite-sized chunks with a spoon or spatula, until turkey is cooked through. Add the corn, black beans, diced chilies and taco seasoning and stir together. Add the tomato sauce and taco sauce and stir until combined. Continue to cook over med-high heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, to thicken.
- While the sauce is thickening, unroll the pizza dough and lay it in the prepared baking dish. Push the dough down across the dish and up the sides so that it covers the bottom and sides of the dish. Pour the meat mixture from the pan into the center of the pizza dough and spread evenly across the bottom. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until the crust is golden and the contents are bubbling. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle the shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes evenly across the top of the casserole and slice into 6 even pieces before serving.
9 per (1/6th) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)