Clams Oreganata Wonton Cups
These easy, savory Clams Oreganata Wonton Cups are bursting with flavor and perfect for an easy weeknight meal or as finger food for a party or watching the game. These taste extra special to me because my mom always makes “baked clams” (the filling for these) in a pie plate on Christmas Eve and serves it as a spread with crackers (or if you’re my husband, something to be spooned directly into your mouth). We did Christmas Eve with my husband’s family this year, so I missed the baked clams and upon thinking about it I realized it would likely be delicious in a wonton cup! Not to pat myself on the back, but I was so right. The savory seasoned clam stuffing pairs beautifully with the crispy wontons in a perfectly neat cup. These Clams Oreganata Wonton Cups are super simple to throw together and you can even easily keep all the ingredients on hand for a last minute dinner idea. I think 2-3 of these (depending on your appetite and what else you’re serving) would make a great main course with some roasted vegetables or a side salad, but they’d also be great as part of a snack buffet while watching the big game or during a book club. Better yet, each tasty cup is just 107 calories or 2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints per serving!
Looking for more tasty recipes using wonton wrappers? Check out my Asian Chicken Wonton Cups, Spinach Artichoke Wonton Bites, Chili Wonton Cups, Pizza Wonton Cups, Caprese Wonton Bites, Chicken Bacon Ranch Wonton Cups, Mixed Berry Mini Tarts, Turkey Club Wonton Cups, Reuben Wonton Cups, Thai Peanut Chicken Wonton Cups, Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts, Chicken Parmesan Wonton Cups, French Dip Wonton Cups, Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups, Taco Wonton Cups, and many more in the wonton category or my recipe index!
Clams Oreganata Wonton Cups
Yield: 12 wonton cups
- ¾ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onions (found by the spices, some brands call them chopped onions)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- A pink of salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 (6.5 oz each) cans of minced clams in juice (19.5 oz total)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375. Lightly mist a 12 cup standard muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, minced onions, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir together.
- In a large skillet, bring the olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the bread crumbs mixture and stir to coat in the oil. Spread the bread crumbs across the bottom of the skillet and brown, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is golden and toasted. Remove the skillet from heat and add the contents of them cans of clams (the clams and their juices). Stir together until fully combined.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the sprayed cups in the prepared muffin tin. Using about half the clam mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton cups. Press another wonton wrapper on top to form a second layer and fill with the remaining clam mixture. Sprinkle the grated parmesan across the tops of the wonton cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the wonton cups are golden and the contents are heated through.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
2 per wonton cup (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per wonton cup (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per wonton cup:
107 calories, 17 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 2 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 5 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
Emily Bites Original (well, adapted from Mama Bites)