Caprese Wonton Bites
These Caprese Wonton Bites are the perfect four-ingredient appetizer or snack. They’re packed with flavor from the fresh basil, juicy tomatoes and melty Mozzarella cheese and the crispy wonton provides the perfect crunch. Plus, they’re super easy to make and only 44 calories or 1 Weight Watchers SmartPoints each on myWW Green, Blue or Purple! I created the recipe to make 12, but it would be simple to make less as a snack for one or more to feed a big crowd.
These Caprese Wonton Bites taste incredible on their own, but you can serve them with tomato sauce for dipping or a drizzle of balsamic glaze if you’d like. I love keeping these Mozzarella balls on hand (they’re great in pasta, salads or by themselves) and I almost always have grape tomatoes and wonton wrappers on hand, so for me these are ideal when I want to whip up an easy snack.
Y’all know I love wonton wrappers. Looking for more ways to use them? I’ve got you covered! Check out my recipes for Chicken Bacon Ranch Wonton Cupcakes, Mixed Berry Mini Tarts, Reuben Wonton Cupcakes, Chicken Parmesan Wonton Cupcakes, Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts, Taco Cupcakes, French Dip Cupcakes, Berries and Cream Cinnamon Dessert Cups, Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes, Cheeseburger Cupcakes, Lasagna Cupcakes and many more!
Caprese Wonton Bites
Yield: 12 Caprese Wonton Bites
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 12 (1/3 oz sized) fresh Mozzarella balls, drained (I used BelGioso Ciliegine, about the size of a cherry tomato)*
- 4 grape tomatoes, chopped
*If you can’t find the Mozzarella balls, you can just buy fresh Mozzarella and cut 4 ounces of it into 12 cubes
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly mist the paper with cooking spray.
- Fill a small dish with water and set it beside you on a clean, dry work surface (like a cutting mat). Lay a wonton wrapper on the mat. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of the sliced basil into the center and top with a Mozzarella ball and about 1/3 of a grape tomato’s worth of chopped tomatoes.
- Dip your finger into the dish of water and run it along the entire outside edge of the wonton wrapper, corner to corner, creating a square of wet around the edge of the wrapper. Gather the four corners of the wrapper and bring them to the center, pressing them together. Use your fingers to press together all the edges of the wonton wrapper to seal the Caprese bite closed. Place the finished bite onto the prepared baking sheet from step 1. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with remaining ingredients to create 12 Caprese bites. Mist the tops of the bites with cooking spray.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until the X at the top of the Caprese bites are golden. Serve warm.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1 piece) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 1 SmartPoints/ Blue: 1 SmartPoints/ Purple: 1 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
1 per Caprese Bite (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per Caprese Bite:
44 calories, 4 g carbs, 0 g sugars, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
inspired by Return to Sunday Supper